FW: [Cz-L] miscellaneous

    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 8, 2006
      ------ Forwarded Message
      From: Jane Rostos <janerostos@...>
      Date: Wed, 8 Feb 2006 07:46:33 EST
      To: Lista <czernowitz-l@...>
      Subject: [Cz-L] miscellaneous

      Dear Czernowitzers,
      Iíve got more news that should be of interest to at least some of you.
      Miriam asked me about trains from Bucharest to
      Suceava. Iíve sent these details to her, too, so
      you might already know them from her, but I just
      want to make sure that everyone is well informed.
      So, you can go to www.cfr.ro, click on the
      ìmersul trenurilor de calatoriî, choose ìEnglishî
      on the next page, fill in the ìFromî and ìToî
      fields on the left of the third page, IN ROMANIAN
      (ìBucuresti nordî and ìSuceava nordî
      respectively), get a fourth page where you just
      ìsort orderî by ìdeparture timeî, and the fifth
      page shows you all the available trains. Iíve
      tried it, and it does work! Same goes for the
      pages in Romanian. I believe there are the same
      trains running every day, so knowing the exact
      date doesnít make much of a difference.
      About renting cars in Suceava. I was just
      telling someone that there are several car rental
      places here in town, so renting a car should be
      no problem at all. Still, I would rather advise
      hiring a private driver. Believe it or not, we
      still live in a society where ìeveryone knows
      everyoneî and ìanyone knows someone who knows
      someone whoÖî So hiring a driver would be
      considerably cheaper and is sure to save you some
      bureaucratic paperwork as well. Some of my
      colleagues from the university, who know English
      and own cars, would enjoy getting involved. Also,
      I donít have a driverís license, but my husband
      does, and he promised to help out as well. So we
      can certainly figure out something convenient and
      enjoyable for everyone.
      And something else now. We have a subscription
      to this newspaper published in Bucharest and
      called ìRealitatea evereiascaî. Itís issued twice
      a month, and I really like it, because itís very
      informative and has a great cultural part. Of
      course, most of it is in Romanian, but there are
      also summaries in English and in Hebrew. You
      could contact them at re2000@... and
      realitateaevreiasca@.... I believe getting
      a subscription would be no problem, even if you
      live abroad. The paper even comes in an envelope!
      Our subscription costs something like Lei 100,000
      a year, that is, around $3!
      Also, you might want to check out www.romanianjews.org.
      Best, Ioana Jane.

      ------ End of Forwarded Message