Re: [czernowitz2006] from Cora Schwartz

  • MyRetreat2@aol.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 23, 2006
      Dear Mimi,
      I thank you for your interest in my husband Rudy's name; Koenig. There were
      some Koenigs in Czernowitz and the one's I am aware of were photographers
      but not related to Rudy. Obviously it is important to me that anyone who knows
      of a Koenig in Czernowitz, or from Transnystra contact me.

      Rudy's father and mother came to Czernowitz around 1925 to escape the
      persecution in Poland. They stayed with Rudy's mother's family, The Pravins who
      were established there. So if anyone knows any Pravins from Czernowitz I would
      appreciate hearing from them too. (I am still in contact with Rudy's two
      Pravin cousins who live in San Francisco.)

      And yet another family name to ponder: before a trip to Czernowitz in 1999 I
      was contacted by a distant cousin who heard where I was going. He wanted me
      to try and find the grave of my grandfather/great-grandfather whose name was
      Myer Paroly (also Parola) who lived and died in Sadagura. Does this name
      ring a bell for anyone? (I did find his grave although it was written in
      Hebrew in the old cemetery)

      Thank you for this opportunity to throw these names out to the group.
      Looking forward to hearing from everyone at some point, even to just say hello.
      Sincerely
      Cora