N.Y.T. Article and more

  • lMiriam and Elan Lava
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 21, 2006

      First - Thanks a lot to those who responded so quickly, and provided me with
      the details concerning the mentioned article. I really apreciate it.
      I learned from it, according to it's writer, that almost all Ashkenazy Jews,
      carry genes which originated in the Middle East.

      Now follows a story - and those among you who are not interested in the
      origin of their forefathers, do not have to waste their time and read
      it.....

      I am taking a course of "History of the Jews in the middle ages", and
      during our last meeting, our teacher stated that he read researches that
      claims that Ashkenazy Jewry traces its origin back mainly to the Kazars,
      who's empire started to flourish around the 7th-8th cen. A.D.
      Strangely enough, on the same day, someone on the list (who was it ?)
      mentioned Arthur Koestler's book "the 13th tribe" in connection with the
      timber trade in Bukovina. In this book, also the author (as our teacher),
      claims that we are descendents of those (legendary?) Kusarim. This
      defenitely works straight into the Palestinians hands,, and affects also the
      "logic" of Nazi antisemitism. (By the way - if you "google" - you'll find
      that book..) .

      Is there anyone on our list, who can tell me, who we are?

      I wish you all a blessed week - Miriam (Israel)

      ----