PLEASE CONFIRM YOUR PARTCIPATION IN Cz REUNION NOW

  • Simon Kreindler
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 20, 2006
      Dear Cz 2006 Reunion participants:

      Several weeks ago I sent an e mail to the group, asking everyone who had
      originally expressed an interest in attending to please confirm:

      1. If you were definitely planning to attend the Reunion and
      2. If you spouse or other family member(s0 would be accompanying you.
      3. I also asked that you try and give me more specific information about
      the shtetls you had expressed an interest in visiting. More
      specifically, how their names are spelled on a current map of Ukraine or
      at least, how many miles or km. they are, either north, south, east or
      west of Cz.
      4. I also need more specific information about the locations of some of
      the less well known towns in Transnistria e.g. Where they are relative
      to Bershad or Moghilev

      Some people who had earlier expressed an interest in the Reunion
      responded but many did not. Since I am making arrangements with the
      guides who will lead the half day trips to shtetls near Cz and the
      Transnistria trip it is very important that you respond now.

      I need to know who is definitely coming as well as the specific shtetl
      names you are interested in so that
      we have the correct size vehicle for each trip and the guides can plan
      itineraries which will take us to the correct towns (and not ones that
      have a similar spelling but are located somewhere totally different from
      where you expected to go).

      The guides are currently planning tentative itineraries based on the
      information some of you originally provided. However, they are having a
      lot of difficulty finding certain towns because of changes in the
      spelling since Cz. was part of the Austro Hungarian Empire.

      Please, even if you have decided NOT to attend the Reunion, it would
      help if you would let me know so that I can remove your name and the
      names of the shtetls you were interested in from the list the guides are
      working with.

      For those of you who have already confirmed your plans to attend and
      updated your shtetl information, I thank you. For those of you who have
      not, if you don't confirm and don't verify your shtetl information, I
      will have to make plans with the guides based on the names and numbers
      who have and the shtetls thay want to visit. Please don't be left out.

      Once I gather all the above information and pass it on to the guides, I
      HOPE TO BE ABLE TO POST FINAL ITINERARIES BY THE END OF FEBRUARY. You
      will then be asked to sign up for one or more trip(s). I will give the
      guides this information and they will make final arrangements for the
      appropriate number of drivers, minivans, buses etc. Once this is set up
      it will be difficult to make changes.

      WHEN I KNOW THE APPROXIMATE COST FOR EACH TRIP (BASED ON THE GUIDE'S
      FEE, THE COST OF THE DRIVER AND VEHICLE RENTAL), I WILL POST THIS
      INFORMATION TO THE GROUP. HOPEFULLY, THIS CAN BE DONE BY MID MARCH.

      In order to avoid the unfortunate situation that some participants get
      to Cz only to discover they are not listed for a tour they had earlier
      expressed an interest in (but had never confirmed), please reply to this
      e mail as soon as possible. I know it is long and requires an effort to
      complete but it's necessary to avoid frustration and disappointment. I
      want the tours to be a good experience for everyone.

      I realize there are a small number of participants cannot confirm their
      attendance until after the above deadlines. It may be possible that when
      they do confirm there will still be seats available on the tours of
      their choice but I cannot promise this. If all else fails, they may
      have to make private arrangements to get to the towns they are
      interested in. I am eventually hoping to be able to post the names of at
      least a couple of guides who might be available to work in this capacity
      although at this point, I cannot promise this either.

      I looking forward to hearing from each and every one of you,

      Simon Kreindler