Re: [czernowitz2006] FYI

  • Simon Kreindler
    Message 1 of 4 , Jan 19, 2006
      henry@... wrote:

      >This reminds me that last time I visited Czernowitz I was saved by One
      >Dollar bills that are accepted anywhere. Take enough to last you for the
      >trip.
      >
      >Don't count on credit cards or on banks in neighboring countries to change
      >money.
      >
      >Larger bills ($10-$20 but not larger) can be used for donations to the
      >Jewish Community office am Theaterplatz and for other donations.
      >
      >Thanks, Henry

      Henry:

      Thank you for this. It is is very important information for all
      participants in the Reunion to be aware of.

      However, what about taking larger bills to pay for the hotel or to be
      changed (at the hotel) into local currency to pay for meals in
      restaurants etc. ?

      I am not sure how to safely and discretely carry so many $1 bills!

      Any advice would be appreciated

      Best regards

      Simon
    • cornel fleming
      Message 2 of 4 , Jan 20, 2006
        hi, but do not forget to bring your credit cards, the big hotels have machines in the lobby which dispense hryvna. very useful!! cornel