Hello from a new member of the Czernowitz 2006 group!

  • MyRetreat2@aol.com
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 18, 2006
      Hi everyone!
      My name is Cora Schwartz and I will be joining the group in Czernowitz in
      May. I would like to take this opportunity to tell everyone about myself as I
      have been to Czernowitz many times with my late husband, Rudy Koenig who was
      born in Czernowitz in 1930 and immigrated to American is 1959. I would
      therefore hope to be of help to anyone who needs it.

      Please take a few minutes to read the following and let me know what you
      think:

      I am Jewish and live in New York. I am a Behavioral Psychologist who is
      "semi" retired. I own a retreat up in the Catskill Mountains which is mainly
      for writers and artists in the city who need a place to work. I mention the
      retreat because, as you will see from my website it is dedicated to Olga
      Kobylianska, the famous writer who lived in Czernowitz. I have been doing indepth
      research over the past few years about Olga (more on this later.)

      I am also a writer and photographer who has been published in various
      literary journals over the years. I have recently completed a novel based on true
      life; my life with Rudy who was a camp survivor in Transnystra. We lived
      together for 25 years and traveled to Eastern Europe, mostly Czernovisti and
      Mogeliv almost every year. At first, when it was part of Russia, we brought
      money and things for his elderly family to sell on the black market. Rudy's
      life here in New York was geared toward one goal, and one goal only: GOING
      HOME! No sooner had one trip ended then he started planning for the next. All
      this is of course explained in my novel (for which I am starting to look for
      an agent/publisher)

      I have so much more to say but I will end by telling you that I knew what
      Czernowitz meant to Rudy. In many ways he was trying to recapture his
      childhood there and I never saw him as happy as he was walking the streets of
      Czernowitz. So now, as a writer and photographer I have become very interested in
      people who have built new lives and lived their lives in other countries, but
      still have the need to GO HOME.....therefore I hope you can see why this
      reunion is so important to me. I would like to take pictures (perhaps make a
      video) and interview folks as they visit Czernowitz and remember. I await your
      replies on all this. Please send your emails to me at _myretreat2@..._
      (mailto:myretreat2@...) I am having trouble getting onto the website but
      will keep trying.
      The prospects of being with the group are very exciting and important to me.
      I will help in any way that I can. Please take this into consideration.
      Sincerely
      Cora

      P.S. If you click on:

      _http://myretreat.net/literary/published.php_
      (http://myretreat.net/literary/published.php)

      you can read about the book I published, THE FORGOTTEN FEW about the
      survivors in Mogilov/Transnystra (my husband Rudy was one of them.)

      I know the dates of your reunion although Zoya made it sound like it was not
      certain whether it would actually take place or not. Your email certainly
      sounds like it more of a sure thing (which I hope it is)

      Cora T. Schwartz
      MY RETREAT
      and
      VOICES FROM MY RETREAT
      _www.myretreat.net_ (http://www.myretreat.net/)
      845-436-7455
      P.O. Box 1077
      South Fallsburg, NY 12779

    • Arthur von Czernowitz
      Message 2 of 2 , Jan 19, 2006
        Hi Cora.
        We are very pleased that you are interested in joining our reunion in
        Czernowitz this year and in addition to your contributing information to
        our group.
        We are not however, in favor of accepting any type of advertisement of
        accomodation, travel agents etc., for our web and trust that you will
        refrain from advertising your retreat in the Catskills on the Cz.
        Reunion web. This web is solely to organize the reunion and accept
        people who are interested in joining us in Cz. and also assisting those
        people coming from far and wide with reaching Czernowitz.

        Sincerely
        Arthur
        "Czernowitz Reunion 2006"