RE: [czernowitz2006] FYI

  • henry@sinnreich.net
    Message 1 of 4 , Jan 15, 2006
      This reminds me that last time I visited Czernowitz I was saved by One
      Dollar bills that are accepted anywhere. Take enough to last you for the
      trip.

      Don't count on credit cards or on banks in neighboring countries to change
      money.

      Larger bills ($10-$20 but not larger) can be used for donations to the
      Jewish Community office am Theaterplatz and for other donations.

      Thanks, Henry

    • Simon Kreindler
      Message 2 of 4 , Jan 19, 2006
        henry@... wrote:

        >This reminds me that last time I visited Czernowitz I was saved by One
        >Dollar bills that are accepted anywhere. Take enough to last you for the
        >trip.
        >
        >Don't count on credit cards or on banks in neighboring countries to change
        >money.
        >
        >Larger bills ($10-$20 but not larger) can be used for donations to the
        >Jewish Community office am Theaterplatz and for other donations.
        >
        >Thanks, Henry

        Henry:

        Thank you for this. It is is very important information for all
        participants in the Reunion to be aware of.

        However, what about taking larger bills to pay for the hotel or to be
        changed (at the hotel) into local currency to pay for meals in
        restaurants etc. ?

        I am not sure how to safely and discretely carry so many $1 bills!

        Any advice would be appreciated

        Best regards

        Simon
      • cornel fleming
        Message 3 of 4 , Jan 20, 2006
          hi, but do not forget to bring your credit cards, the big hotels have machines in the lobby which dispense hryvna. very useful!! cornel