FYI

  • Arthur von Czernowitz
    Message 1 of 4 , Jan 15, 2006
      Exchange Rates 2006 per US Department of the Treasury

      $ 1.00 = 5.0100 UKRAINE - HRYVNIA
      $ 1.00 = 3.1170 ROMANIA - NEW LEU

      Regards

      Arthur
    • henry@sinnreich.net
      Message 2 of 4 , Jan 15, 2006
        This reminds me that last time I visited Czernowitz I was saved by One
        Dollar bills that are accepted anywhere. Take enough to last you for the
        trip.

        Don't count on credit cards or on banks in neighboring countries to change
        money.

        Larger bills ($10-$20 but not larger) can be used for donations to the
        Jewish Community office am Theaterplatz and for other donations.

        Thanks, Henry

      • Simon Kreindler
        Message 3 of 4 , Jan 19, 2006
          henry@... wrote:

          >This reminds me that last time I visited Czernowitz I was saved by One
          >Dollar bills that are accepted anywhere. Take enough to last you for the
          >trip.
          >
          >Don't count on credit cards or on banks in neighboring countries to change
          >money.
          >
          >Larger bills ($10-$20 but not larger) can be used for donations to the
          >Jewish Community office am Theaterplatz and for other donations.
          >
          >Thanks, Henry

          Henry:

          Thank you for this. It is is very important information for all
          participants in the Reunion to be aware of.

          However, what about taking larger bills to pay for the hotel or to be
          changed (at the hotel) into local currency to pay for meals in
          restaurants etc. ?

          I am not sure how to safely and discretely carry so many $1 bills!

          Any advice would be appreciated

          Best regards

          Simon
        • cornel fleming
          Message 4 of 4 , Jan 20, 2006
            hi, but do not forget to bring your credit cards, the big hotels have machines in the lobby which dispense hryvna. very useful!! cornel