Travel to Chernivtsi

    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 14, 2006
      Dear All,

      I would like to mention two other travel options:

      1. It is possible to reach Chernivtsi by plane.
      There is a flight from Kiev on Aerosvit Airlines
      This flight does not operate every day.
      The best I could find is on May 15th,
      departing Kiev KBP at 15:10 arriving Chernovtsy CWC at 16:40

      I do not know on what day there would be a return flight,
      or the fare for this flight.
      If any of you can obtain this information, please mail it to all of us.

      2. The train from Bucharest to Suceava continues to Chernivtsi.
      As far as I know this segment of the journey takes about 6 additional
      hours, because the rail gage in the Ukraine is different and as a
      consequence the wheels on the train need to be changed.

      I do not have an exact time table nor fare for this option.
      Again, if any of you do have it, mail it to all of us.

      I would also like to make a correction to something I wrote previously;

      The plane from Bucharest to Suceava, does not leave from Otopeni airport,
      which is the international airport, but from another one. I do not know how
      long it would take to transfer from one airport to the other.
      This information too, would be useful if any of you can supply it.

      Best regards,