Schedule/time-table for the reunion

    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 10, 2006

      After consulting with the members of the committee, and in accordance
      with our initial decisions about the program for the reunion, I would like
      to suggest the following schedule for the Czernowitz Reunion 2006:

      Thursday May 18: Arrival and registration.
      20:00 social get-together, possibly a joint light dinner
      at the hotel Cheremosh.
      Friday May 19: 9:00 - 12:30 group walk of the center of Czernowitz
      16:00 - 18:30 talk/discussion
      19:00 Friday evening prayers at local synagogue
      Saturday May 20: 9:00 - 12:30 individual walks to specific areas of town
      16:00 - 18:30 talk/discussion
      20:30 - cake coffee or tea with local Jewish residents
      Sunday May 21: 9:30 memorial service at Jewish cemetery
      16:00 - 18:30 talk/discussion
      20:30 - cake and coffee to which we might invite the
      mayor if many of us feel this to be desirable.
      Monday May 22: Free morning, individual visits to archives, cemetery, or
      day trips.
      16:00/18:30 talk/discussion
      Free evening, possibly a music and or dance performance
      at the theatre.
      Tuesday May 23: Free day, trip to Transnistria for
      some, day trips, visits to cemetery, archives, etc. for
      others.
      Free evening
      Wednesday May 24: Free morning, individual day trips, visits to archives,
      cemetery or specific areas of town.
      16:00 - 18:30 talk/discussion
      20:30 after dinner farewell party and discussion.
      Thursday May 25: Departure

      All outdoor activities are of course dependent upon suitable weather. The
      schedule allows for a number of free mornings, these could be utilized for
      activities scheduled for other mornings if those are rained out.

      The exact time of the Friday evening service will be known after consulting
      the rabbi.

      Also, the social get-together planned for the first evening, may have to be
      rescheduled if many of us arrive in Chernivtsi too late that evening.

      I hope that this schedule reflects the wishes of the majority and allows
      enough time for everyone to pursue individual plans.

      All the best,