Program of talks/discussions for the reunion
- Dear Czernowitzers,
From the responses to the questionnaire about the program of talks and
discussions, the responses to the question about the languages members
of this group speak and from the conversations I have had with many of
you, I think that we can conclude the following:
1. Most people do not wish to invite outside speakers.
2. The language of the talks/discussions will be English because this
is the language known by most. Some in the group do not know German,
many do not know Hebrew.
3. We will have no technical aids at our disposal in Chernivtsi, unless we
bring them with us.
4. It has been suggested that each session of talks consist of
a brief introduction followed by a moderated discussion between the
participants in the reunion.
5. Many of the participants have written and published articles and books
about Czernowitz, some have in their possession first hand accounts and
thoughtful analysis by parents and others. Very many are eager to
participate in discussions and recounting of memories and thoughts of
and about Czernowitz.
6. It has been suggested that we prepare a relevant bibliography, to be sent
to all participants in advance of the reunion.
Please excuse me if I forgot to mention some suggestions I received from any
of you. It would be best if anyone who has further suggestions, as well as
comments about this letter, bring them to the attention of the whole group.
David Glynn has agreed to coordinate the program of talks/discussions, he
has given a lot of thought to this subject and we can expect him to do this
in a thoughtful and expert manner.
Best regards to all,