looking for relatives in czernovitz

  • mrgltshl
    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 3, 2005
      Dear czernovitzer,
      I'm new to this groop, and was very ecxited to find it on the net. I'm
      second generation to czernovitzer. My parents lived ther before ww2,
      their name was Benzion-Beniu and Lea-Lotti Margalit-Margulies.
      Me and my husband intend to join the group on may 2006.
      Reading other member's mails, I understood there are connections with
      the rabbi of czernovitz and other people of the community.

      My mother had a brother, his name was karl Mencher. He stayed in
      Czernovitz after ww2, and got married to a woman named Katia. She
      isn't Jewish. They had a sun Ury, who was at a time a conductor of the
      fireman orchestra. I wonder if ther is a way to trace the family.

      best regards
      Rita Margalit-Shilo
      Message 2 of 2 , Dec 4, 2005

        > Dear czernovitzer,
        > I'm new to this groop, and was very ecxited to find it on the net. I'm
        > second generation to czernovitzer. My parents lived ther before ww2,
        > their name was Benzion-Beniu and Lea-Lotti Margalit-Margulies.
        > Me and my husband intend to join the group on may 2006.
        > Reading other member's mails, I understood there are connections with
        > the rabbi of czernovitz and other people of the community.
        >
        > My mother had a brother, his name was karl Mencher. He stayed in
        > Czernovitz after ww2, and got married to a woman named Katia. She
        > isn't Jewish. They had a sun Ury, who was at a time a conductor of the
        > fireman orchestra. I wonder if ther is a way to trace the family.
        >
        > best regards
        > Rita Margalit-Shilo

        Hello Rita,

        I just realized I called you Margalit in my previous Email.
        Sorry about that, actually the name Margulies is familiar to me from
        Czernowitz, but I do not remember why. To trace your uncle's family, you
        could contact the local Jewish community in Chernivtsi or Rabbi Kofmanski,
        but I do not have any specific Email addresses or phone numbers.

        Best regards,