hotel

  • cornel fleming
    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 29, 2005
      hi to all from a very chilly england! have received confirmation that the
      bukowina hotel will match cherem. discounts.they already have some bookings
      from our group.for those who have not yet decided on their travel agent i
      suggest they email ukraina-travel@ web.de this is anna wiesmayer
      who has served some of us well before. now another question.....do we have
      a fairly accurate number of us definitely coming? if for no other reason
      than fairness i feel we need to give a relatively close no to the hotels. i
      am happy to do the roster so please email me with names and numbers .
      next, in reply to mimis questions.....i speak english, german and ivrit.
      as far as speakers go i am ambivalent, i think it might be possible to get
      free input from some of the university people and the mayors office have
      already agreed to do things. regards to all cornel
      avel@web
      Message 2 of 2 , Nov 30, 2005
        Miriam (Mimi) Taylor <mirtaylo@...>

        > hi to all from a very chilly england! have received confirmation that the
        > bukowina hotel will match cherem. discounts.they already have some bookings
        > from our group.for those who have not yet decided on their travel agent i
        > suggest they email ukraina-travel@ web.de this is anna wiesmayer
        > who has served some of us well before. now another question.....do we have
        > a fairly accurate number of us definitely coming? if for no other reason
        > than fairness i feel we need to give a relatively close no to the hotels. i
        > am happy to do the roster so please email me with names and numbers .
        > next, in reply to mimis questions.....i speak english, german and ivrit.
        > as far as speakers go i am ambivalent, i think it might be possible to get
        > free input from some of the university people and the mayors office have
        > already agreed to do things. regards to all cornel
        > avel@web

        Dear Cornel,

        Thanks for making arrangements with the hotel Bukovyna.
        So that all of us can make an informed decisions about the hotel we wish to
        stay at, please forward the yahoo group the information you received from
        the hotel Bukovyna. It is also very important that we know whether they have
        conference rooms and what the cost of renting such a room is.

        I will include the name of Anna Wiesmayer in the file on travel agents and
        tour guides.

        We do not have a definite number of participants in the reunion. Many of the
        subscribers to the yahoo group are merely observers, others cannot be sure
        six months before the event, that they will want to participate. We also
        expect that more people will join us, as the time of the reunion approaches.

        I have asked the hotel Cheremosh to keep 50 - 60 rooms available for us.
        Closer to the time of the reunion and no later than May 1st 2006, we will
        all who want, need to make our reservations against this block of rooms,
        would you please do the same at the hotel Bukovyna?

        It seems you have made definite arrangements with the mayor's office and
        possibly with some others. You are indeed a member of the committee elected
        to make arrangements for the reunion, but you have no right to make
        unilateral arrangements without consulting the other 7 members of the
        committee or the whole yahoo group. In case you forgot, the members of the
        committee are:

        Arthur Rindner <vonczernowitz@...>
        Cornel Fleming <cornel.fleming@...>
        David Glynn <glynn@...>
        Florence Heymann <floheymann@...>
        Jerry Lapides <jlapides@...>
        Lucca Ginsburg <lucca99@...>
        Miriam Taylor <mirtaylo@...>
        Simon Kreindler <simonkreindler@...>

        Please send precise and complete information, about any arrangements
        you have made in Chernivtsi for all of us, to the committee or the
        czernowitz2006 yahoo group. We should not make any binding arrangements
        for the group as a whole, unless decided on by either the whole committee
        or the whole Yahoo group.

        I hope you will not object to my sending a copy of this letter to the
        czernowitz2006 yahoo group. I consider this matter of prime importance.
        Thanks and aufs Wiedersehn,