Hotels in Chernivtsi.

    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 21, 2005

      In regard to the recent discussion about hotels in Chernivtsi:
      There are only two large hotels in Chernivtsi; the Cheremosh on the
      outskirts of town and the Bukovyna, about one and a half km from the
      Ringplatz. There are a number of small hotels closer to the center of
      the city. The committee to organize the reunion was charged to make
      arrangements for obtaining a discount at either or both of the large hotels.
      I have managed to obtain a discount of 15% at the Cheremosh for any of our
      members who will stay there for 7 nights. Despite writing and phoning the
      Bukovyna, I have had no success in getting a reply from them. Felix
      Zuckermann, who lives in Chernivtsi and whom I have consulted about the
      hotels, recently wrote me that the Bukovyna has recently had some or all the
      rooms renovated. Many of the subscribers to this group, have told you of
      their experiences with one or the other of the two hotels. Nina Kern has
      stayed at the Bukovyna this last summer, I stayed at the Cheremosh in June
      of 2004.

      If any of you can obtain a direct letter from the Bukovyna or from any of
      the small hotels, please send the information to all of us and each one of
      us will make our decisions. In the meantime, for lack of any other
      information, discussions, lectures and talks will be held at the Cheremosh.
      I will not book rooms for anyone wishing to stay at the Cheremosh or at any
      other hotel. This will be left for everyone to do individually, on their
      own, through a travel agent or by any other means.

      Best regards to all,