909Re: A Czernowitzers meeting in Israel

  • Lucca
    Jul 9, 2006
      Hi Mimi,
      My printer broke down so without printing out your suggestions, I will have
      to rely on memory:
      As far as duration is concerned, I suppose for the people living in Israel
      this is not a critical point because in this respect we can be flexible. 3
      days would be good.
      To point 4) The best place would be Tel-Aviv, option Haifa, but I think the
      majority should decide.
      I don't know exactly what you mean by exclusive or inclusive. I believe that
      the people who have no connection with Czernowitz, would not be interested
      to join anyway! As far as family and descendants are concerned: again, for
      instance my own children would be interested I am sure, my son who lives in
      Germany would certainly come, about daughter plus family in San Diego
      remains to be seen.

      About journalists: In this respect the "Die Stimme" staff could be of
      assistance and advise who would be suitable and who would not.
      I do hope that Lya Koening, an avid Czernowitzer, would once more be willing
      to be in charge of entertainment, she should be asked.
      One festive meal would be nice, I remember with pleasure the one we had in
      the Dan Tel-Aviv, actually we had two, one cocktail party and one dinner.
      And of course there would be tales to tell - provided not all of it has been
      told in the course of the Czernowitz reunion.
      In any case, I would be prepared to give a helping hand and not retire into
      passivity as I did regarding the Czernowitz reunion. In truth, I was simply
      sad that I couldn't join!
      I do hope it will happen1
      Love, Lucca