Where I am now...

  • goysu
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 13, 2010
      Hello all! I am now in Kuwait, and it's VERY HOT here. Internet is hard to get, which is why I haven't been on much if at all. I'm at a Starbucks (yes, Starbucks in the middle of the desert!) and the wireless is in and out. Enough for me to get out a message to you all. When I get settled and internet is more reliable, I will definitely let you all know.

      By the way, congrats to you Heather on the birth of your son, and good to hear you're doing well, Cyn.
    • goysu
      Message 2 of 2 , Aug 23, 2010
        Hello all! I have now arrived in Iraq and am settled at Camp Liberty. My CHU, a "trailer" designed for 3 people but only has me and another girl in my unit, is surrounded by 10 foot wall slabs. Everything here is surrounded by 10 foot wall slabs, it's a little disturbing. But the internet connection is pretty good.

        I picked up a large converter box next to a trash can the first day I got here and now my 110V power strip is plugged into it. I'm now looking for a refrigerator and TV from the signal battalion my unit is replacing, but I'm planning to buy a bike--and an XBox 360--outright. The dining facility is about 10-15 minutes from my CHU and I got hooked on Halo through my oldest son. :)

        I have to carry my M4 rifle all over the place, even to my job and the shower. Fortunately I don't have to wear my Kevlar helmet and body armor around, but I do have 3 magazines of ammunition. Also when we got here we were told what to do when in case of indirect fire.

        I am living in Camp Liberty, but I'm working in Camp Victory, we passed Al Faw Palace and a beautiful mosque on the way to work today, also a nice lake and there are actually trees around here. I'm working in a building where we monitor communication sites all over Iraq, not a hard job, and I really can't say much more than that.

        I can give you all my address though...

        SGT Chantelle Stewart
        HHC/151 ESB
        Camp Liberty
        APO AE 09342

        I hope everyone is doing okay. Heather, hope you are enjoying your new son. Cyn, hope you are still doing okay and things are going well.