Time Flies when you're having Trek RPG fun!

  • Cynthia
    Message 1 of 4 , Mar 1, 2009
      ...Look below to view an exerpt from the all-new Star Trek RPG the
      UTS Tempus Fugit!

      =========== Excerpt ===========

      While the phaser drill was cutting through the frozen tundra of the
      Andorian moon, Juka was taking in the sights. She looked to her far
      left, about 53 meters away, where Chiro, one of the Andorian
      scientists stood setting a survey gauge, while another 50 meters to
      her right, knelt D'ipka, another scientists did the same thing.

      A suddenly bad feeling came over her as she watched D'ipka plunge his
      survey gauge into the ice. Juka looked down, and then behind her,
      about 20 feet. It slowly dawned on her that she and the rest of the
      drill team was standing in the middle of the glacier, the epicenter
      of the dig site.

      Juka looked to her left and waved at Chiro, signaling to get his
      attention. When she couldn't get it, she pulled out one of her
      emergency flares.

      Juka waved a bright amber light flare at Chiro, signaling that he
      should stop trying to set the survey gauge. But try as she might,
      Chiro was too preoccupied to notice her.

      But Gurn and Chram did. "What are you doing?" they asked her. So she
      explained, and while they looked down, left and then right, she
      continued waving like a lunatic, which was apt because they were on a
      moon.

      No matter how much she jumped up and down, Juka couldn't get his
      attention. She needed Chiro to signal that he received her message,
      but so far he seemed oblivious.

      It was then that she remembered that Chiro was on another
      communicatinos channel. She raised her gloved hand to her neck and
      switched the channel to short-range communications. The short-range
      wasn't always reliable, but she had to try something, Chiro was
      putting them all in danger.

      "Chiro, stop what you're doing," Juka said over the communication
      relay.

      "Why? What's the hold up?" asked Chiro.

      Before Juka could even began to understand, D'ipka screamed and
      started running from the area where he had put in his survey gauge
      stick.

      "What the?" Juka asked pulling out her long-range binoculars to watch
      the Andorian sprint across the ice like a track star. The whole time
      he was yelling, but Juka couldn't make out his panicked screams. Just
      then a flashing red and a small alarm erupted from the seisemologist's
      monitor.

      "What the..." Gurn repeated. "Hey, there's a red spike on the
      monitor? What does that mean again?"

      "Oh my God, Juka!" Chram said over the comm. as he was sitting
      back down in his seat on the shuttle. "We've got to get off the ice
      shelf!"

      "What?" Juka said surprised. "What's happening?"

      "The ice shelf is cracking," Gurn reported. "The drill is cracking
      more than just the ice. Maybe it's doing a number of the shelf
      itself."

      "The phaser drill must have hit a shallow pocket," Juka said. She
      moved back from where the hell was still embedded into the ice shelf.

      "We can't stop now, can we?" asked Chram.

      "You most certainly cannot," Milne said from the safety of the warm
      shuttle. "We must retrieve that artifact!"

      "Not at the expense of people's lives," Juka said angrily. "Gurn,
      shut off the drill and let's get out of here."

      "Gurn, don't you dare!" shouted Milne. "That is an Andorian drill,
      this is an Andorian project...I don't care how many chronotome
      particles TIC detected from this moon! You're out of your
      jurisdiction, Captain!"

      Juka and the others missed the last part of Milne's rant when the ice
      shelf they were standing on began to shift violently.

      "Oh no," Juka said as he looked across the ice. The drill was also
      shaking violently and so were they. Juka could barely keep her feet
      underneath her.

      "I've got to shut the drill off," Gurn shouted over the comm. not
      sure who could hear him.

      "No, you don't...you keep...Andorian right to..." Milne yelled over
      the comm. but it was too late. Not only could the drill team no
      longer hear her but Gurn was already turning off the drill.

      "The shelf is becoming more unstable. We've got to get the hell out
      of here..." Juka shouted as Chram began packing away their stuff. She
      turned to run, but lost her footing when the ice split open beneath
      her and she fell about 20 feet down into the icy chasm.

      Message 2 of 4 , Mar 1, 2009
        Tempus Fugit Roster

        COMMAND (Red):

        CO: Captain Juka Oja
        XO: Commander - OPEN & AVAILABLEe
        Pilot: - OPEN & AVAILABLE
        Jr. Pilot: Ensign - OPEN & AVAILABLE
        Communications: Ensign - OPEN & AVAILABLE

        OPERATIONS (Gold):

        OPS:

        Chief of Operations and Engineering: - OPEN & AVAILABLE
        Asst. Chief: Ensign - OPEN & AVAILABLE
        Transporter Chief: Ensign - OPEN & AVAILABLE

        Security:

        Chief Security Office - OPEN & AVAILABLE
        Asst. Chief - OPEN & AVAILABLE
        Officer: Ensign - OPEN & AVAILABLE
        Officer: Ensign - OPEN & AVAILABLE

        SCIENCE: (Blue-Green) :

        Scientific Operations:

        Chief Science Officer: - OPEN & AVAILABLE
        Scientist: Ensign - OPEN & AVAILABLE
        Scientist: Ensign - OPEN & AVAILABLE

        Medical:

        Chief Medical Officer: Lt. Commander - OPEN & AVAILABLE
        Asst. Medical Officer: OPEN & AVAILABLE
        Head Nurse: Ensign - OPEN & AVAILABLE
        Medical Technician: Ensign - OPEN & AVAILABLE
        Medical Technician: Ensign - OPEN & AVAILABLE

        Counselor: Lt. - OPEN & AVAILABLE
        Junior Counselor: Ensign - OPEN & AVAILABLE

        TEMPORAL HISTORIANS:
        (non-ranked positions)

        Chief Historian: - OPEN & AVAILABLE
        Asst Historian: - OPEN & AVAILABLE
        Quartermaster: - OPEN & AVAILABLE
      • Cynthia
        Message 3 of 4 , Mar 3, 2009
          The Temporal Cold War rages on!

          This ongoing conflict has been being fought between several time-
          traveling factions in different periods, for nearly three centuries,
          from the 28th to the 31st Centuries! As each faction tries to
          manipulate history for its own benefit, in violation of the Temporal
          Accords, and especially the Temporal Prime Directive, it remains
          unknown exactly what the motivations of the different factions are.
          To answer this threat to the entire Milky Way galaxy, a future
          Federation of Planets rescinded the Temporal Prime Directive and
          commissioned the Temporal Integrity Commission, an independent agency
          outside of Starfleet that serves as "time cops," policing the
          struggle for the future and the past, one incursion at a time!

          The Tempis Fugit, a TIC Timeship Model NO-97 (aka Tardis-class),
          serves as one of the many timeships assigned to protect the integrity
          of the universal timeline. Their specific charter? Protecting the
          integrity of 22nd through 25th Centuries, at all costs!

          ...Look below to view an exerpt from the all-new Star Trek RPG the
          UTS Tempus Fugit!

          http://groups. yahoo.com/ group/utstempusf ugit/

          =========== Excerpt ===========

          With a smile on her face, Captain Juka Oja hit the showers. But her
          smile faded when the chime to her door announced visitors from the
          Department of Temporal Investigations. Pulling on a shawl to cover
          her bare shoulders, Juka headed to the door in civilian clothes: blue
          slacks and cream-colored tank top.

          "Dulmur, Lucsly," Juka said eyeing the investigators that captains in
          her sector knew well. "What a NOT surprise." Juka moved aside and let
          the two agents in their non-descript suits inside.

          Lucsly pursed his lips. "Our office found temporal anomalies in this
          area of time and space."

          "I know, we're on it," Juka said folding her arms across her
          chest. "We have our own equipment on the TIC side, remember?"

          Dulmur eyed the large poster of Jean-Luc Picard that adorned Juka's
          wall at the back of her couch, a place of honor, she felt. He shook
          his head. "You know we met him once," Dulmur said to Juka, whose
          eyebrows raised.

          "I did not know that," she said impressed, though she preferred to be
          scowling.

          "Oh yeah, we questioned him regarding his ship's visit to the 21st
          Century and his interaction with Zefram Cochran."

          "I'd give anything to have been there," Juka said wistfully.

          Juka's people, the Mintakans, still revered The Picard as a prophet
          and wise man who mentally liberated her people and made their strive
          for the stars.

          "I hope not," said Lucsly souring the mood in the room suddenly. "I
          get enough headaches as it is. I don`t need to be chasing your
          through time. So you can see your rock star idol."
          Juka frowned.

          "What star?" she asked with a frown.

          Lucsly, realizing he had said too much, shook his head. "Nevermind,"
          he said quickly before turning back to business. "We want that
          artifact returned to its own timeline."

          "It will be as soon as we find out whoever caused incursion, and
          bring them to justice," Juka said with a slight frown of her
          own. "You let us do your job, and we'll let you do yours."

          "Fine, you have a standard week, then we're coming for the artifact,"
          Lucsly said back to scowling.

          "Fine," Juka said escorting them both to the door.

          Moving over to the wall unit, Juka pressed the button and isolated
          the frequencies to all her crew members. "Shore leave is over, Crew,
          time to get to the mission," she said to them over the comm. "All
          senior crew report to the conference room on the ship. Captain Oja
          out."