Who at Google cares about "ways of figuring things out"?

  • Andrius Kulikauskas
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 1, 2011
      Chris Messina,

      I read that you are now working at Google
      http://techcrunch.com/2010/01/07/chris-messina-google/
      as their Open Web Advocate http://www.openwebfoundation.org

      Chris, who might I find at Google who would care about my mission to
      document and share "ways of figuring things out"? I note that Google's
      mission is "to organize the world‘s information and make it universally
      accessible and useful."

      Imagine people querying Google, and not only getting search results, but
      also suggestions about methods, techniques, even games that would help
      them answer their questions. They might ask very deep, very hard
      questions! And they might want to find others who are asking the same
      questions.

      Imagine if those methodologies were taken from all manner of fields,
      including math, science, engineering, medicine, law, business, finance,
      politics, journalism, education, history, art, theater, music,
      athletics, fashion, cooking, agriculture, homemaking, falling in love,
      raising a family, ethics and faith.

      Imagine these "ways of figuring things out" illustrated by excerpts from
      interviews of creative people.

      Imagine sponsors for such collections of "ways of figuring things out"
      in various domains. These collections would be especially helpful to
      people who are skeptical and want to understand what is credible, who is
      authentic.

      Such a resource, in the Public Domain, would help us appreciate each
      field, encourage methods from one field to be used in another, and for
      us to draw on several fields at once, for example, in artificial
      intelligence. It would let us put different activities and methods in
      perspective, what they are good for or not. We'd have a big picture.

      I've collected 200 ways that I myself have used in my philosophy and
      personal life. I've sketched a theory that organizes them all:
      http://www.selflearners.net/ways/
      Here's a chart that I made to organize 80 business innovation games from
      the "Gamestorming" book:
      http://www.gogamestorm.com/?p=536

      Chris, who at Google might be passionate about this as I am?

      I appreciate your help!

      Andrius

      Andrius Kulikauskas, http://www.selflearners.net, ms@..., (773)
      306-3807, @selflearners

      P.S. I'm always glad that, thanks to you, the Minciu Sodas paper "An
      Economy for Giving Everything Away"
      http://www.worknets.org/papers/givingaway.html
      was an influence on the BarCamp movement http://www.barcamp.org
      You've written at Cyfranogi, so I share my letter there also.
      Greetings from Chicago, Black America.