An Economy for Giving Everything Away

  • ms@ms.lt
    Message 1 of 6 , Sep 9, 2010
      > Hi Andrius,
      >
      > I'm getting the sense that the rest of the world might be slowly catching
      > up
      > to you. I'm looking for your classic text "An Economy for Giving
      > Everything
      > Away". Is it online somewhere?
      >
      > Thanks and all the best!
      >
      > Seb

      Hi Seb,

      I've uploaded it to a new location:
      http://www.worknets.org/papers/givingaway.html

      This year I came to my limits, financially, and with $130,000 in debt, I
      had to give up organizing my business Minciu Sodas as an online lab and
      network.

      I moved from Chicago to Lithuania where I'm working as a tutor at Ivy
      League Tutoring http://www.ivyleaguetutoring.biz Outside of work, I'm
      doing research in the "ways of figuring things out". I've made a list of
      about 120 so far and I hope it might provide a foundation for a culture of
      independent thinkers, much as Lord Baden Powell did for scouting with his
      book "Scouting for Boys". It's also a way for me to write up my
      philosophical work "to know everything and apply that usefully" which I
      overview in my 10 minute video "I Wish to Know"
      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ArN-YbPlf8M

      I'm staying in Chicago with my friend and co-author David Ellison-Bey.
      His home was foreclosed in 2008:
      http://www.pbs.org/idealab/2008/10/the-includerepisode-5hardship-letter005.html
      The sale was confirmed two days ago. He'll be evicted in 45 days. I'm
      looking for a place to live in the South Shore neighborhood of Chicago
      where I work.

      How are you? I found your new blog:
      http://openresearch.sebpaquet.net/
      I've basically stopped online social networking. I want to focus on having
      a stronger culture.

      Peace,

      Andrius

      Andrius Kulikauskas