World Entrepreneur Society discussion about our Mornflake outreach

  • ms@ms.lt
    Message 1 of 1 , May 12, 2009
      I share my exchange with Alex Stobart at the World Entrepreneur Society
      Forum website http://www.wessociety.com/Forum/
      He's very supportive, he commented at our directory:
      "Andrius, Great list, I will blog about it here http://scotweb2.co.uk "
      He also encouraged The Law Firm to update its blog
      http://www.the-l-a-w-firm.com/blog/ or take it down.

      ---------------------------------

      In the section:
      Future of Capitalism ยป New Economics

      I'm adding an exchange from the old forum here:
      http://www.wes2009.crowdvine.com/posts/4666571
      This new forum is great but could it be viewable to the public?
      (I can't network in "walled gardens".)
      I write about my lab's latest work which opens up a new economic model
      where social networkers around the world (including East Africa and
      Eastern Europe) can generate good will on behalf of a company (Mornflake
      cereal http://www.mornflake.com) by helping others online, especially to
      build bridges across online communities.

      Posted Monday, May 11, 3:41AM
      Andrius Kulikauskas:
      Thank you for the WES summit where I was very glad to meet John Caswell of
      Group Partners http://www.grouppartners.net We later met and spoke about
      my Minciu Sodas laboratory's interest to create a Public Domain version of
      their approach to solving problems (Discovering - Developing - Deciding -
      Deploying). http://www.grouppartners.net/extra/4d My lab, Minciu Sodas,
      serves and organizes independent thinkers around the world, some of whom
      are entrepreneurs.

      Also in London I met with Leon Benjamin http://www.winningbysharing.net He
      leads digital strategy for an advertising agency, The Law Firm
      http://www.thelawfirmgroup.com Minciu Sodas is now working for him to
      organize a global team to promote Mornflake cereal
      http://www.mornflake.com and their online video contest
      http://www.mornflakecompetition.com (coming soon).

      We're creating, in the Public Domain, a directory of UK online communities
      http://www.worknets.org/wiki.cgi?UKOnlineCommunities and then we're
      engaging some of them by being helpful, such as promoting their members
      through My Food Story http://www.myfoodstory.info and Shop With Us
      http://www.shopwithus.org and by helping communities reach out to each
      other. Mornflake is interested in long term relationships with online
      communities.

      How can we help the WES online community? Our team will be engaging many
      communities and so we have the opportunity to do many helpful things along
      the way.

      Alex Stobart:
      Andrius

      Our community is very small at the moment, and in order to feel good,
      human beings join lots of different communities !

      Is your laboratory supporting these projects because of a social interest
      in web2, or do you play a role because of your existing network across the
      world ?

      Our interest in Scotland where I work, is in training and nurturing
      would-be social entrepreneurs, and people who want to work for themselves.
      Other aspects I am focused on are trying to use serious computer games to
      engage with disadvantaged people, and building communities of practice
      among service users e.g. those with mental health problems.

      In both the latter two instances, it is the people themselves who never
      get the chance to design their own recovery, as too often they are told
      what to do.

      If you know of any equivalent communities to the 3 I describe above, I
      would be very grateful if you can let me know, and we can share learnings

      Andrius

      I had to go to see your client

      thelawfirm

      1) their page takes ages to load

      2) their "blog" here http://www.the-l-a-w-firm.com/blog/
      has no content ! Nothing since February 2008.

      This is not a good sign I don't think. Either take it down or populate it
      with content.

      I don't think I will be eating their cereal :)

      Alex

      My laboratory's mission is to support independent thinkers (like you and
      the entrepreneurs you help) http://www.ms.lt and therefore, a culture of
      independent thinkers http://www.worknets.org I imagine it as a distributed
      culture shared by many online communities and also "global villages"
      on-the-ground. http://www.worknets.org/wiki.cgi?Charter We provide free
      services for people who are willing to work on their own projects
      publicly, in the Public Domain, and help each other. As a consequence, we
      are able to organize large global teams as we did for
      http://www.pyramidofpeace.net We're very fortunate through Leon Benjamin
      http://www.winningbysharing.net to work on behalf of Mornflake
      http://www.mornflake.com simply by acknowledgingt them as we support you
      and others in your efforts to be effective online.

      I recommend that you link up with Kerry Santo in Edinburgh, she was once
      homeless and then dreamed to start a Modo Fac Central office where the
      homeless and those at-risk could build entrepreneurial skills. She was
      once the person in Ecademy with the most "friends".
      http://www.scarybirds.com
      http://www.ecademy.com/module.php?mod=club&name=Modo+Fac+Central
      https://www.xing.com/profile/Kerry_Santo

      Another community that you might engage is Howie Firth's
      http://www.thinkbig-online.net in the Highlands which is just starting.

      Michael Wolff's ki-work for freelancers
      http://www.ki-work.com
      He's in the Highlands.

      Here's a community we found for social care workers:
      http://www.communitycare.co.uk/

      Are any of these interesting? I appreciate if you blog about our efforts,
      with a link to http://www.mornflake.com We'd be very interested to help
      you more if you think we can.

      I added a page for you at our wiki
      http://www.worknets.org/wiki.cgi?AlexScobart with metadata (which you can
      edit) by which we're promoting you through our ShopWithUs
      http://www.shopwithus.org ads.

      Also, we're building interfaces for our lab's websites
      http://www.worknets.org/wiki.cgi?Interface
      Perhaps we might work together? I could output for you the entries that
      we're collecting for our directory. I'm thinking of making a map of the
      links between communities using TouchGraph.

      Andrius