Conscious Community Weavers

  • John Rogers
    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 1 8:28 AM
      Right on cue with our sharing of stories about growing community I just receive this in a circular from Thomas Greco about Conscious Community Weavers"

      "Human unity is, in my opinion, the requisite step at this stage in our
      evolution as a species. Richard Flyer is one of those visionary activists
      who is doing a fine job in leading us toward it. A recent message from him
      reminded me of the work he has been doing for the past several years in his
      home community around Reno, Nevada. Under the rubric of Conscious Community
      Weavers, Richard has been bringing together people of diverse backgrounds,
      faiths, and political ideologies. Here is their stated intention:"

      Intention:
      I am here for mutual support to practice the universal Virtues of
      Love, Integrity, Courage, Service, and Respect as a way to grow
      spiritually and to become a catalyst for the emergence of a new society.
      I connect from my heart, to share my personal stories of inspiration
      and challenges in living the virtues everyday and learn from others as
      they share theirs.
      We gather to support each other’s passions to make a better world
      and weave the good already happening in our communities into a more
      unified power for change.

      http://www.itstimereno.org/goodwill.asp

      John Rogers

    • Terry Mace
      Message 2 of 3 , Oct 1 9:46 AM
        Bright Blessings, John. As always, a great post! I've just had a
        look at the website. Excellant stuff. It reminded me of the 'peace-
        making-circle' work and 'wisdom-circle' work we did together
        at 'Heartsound' in 2007. I recently facilitated two community
        circles two months ago and these were really powerful experiances.
        When we choose to share with another, intimacy is available at a
        level otherwise normally only reserved for those who we call lover or
        partner. When we gather, when we share, when we allow ourselves to
        go at risk, then the world changes inwardly and outwardly. In a
        circle, the web is woven... John, I'll be posting more on our
        connected sites in the next few weeks with some hopefully interesting
        news, updates and sharings in relationship to my own conscious
        community weaving... your friend, and fellow traveller... ...missed
        you at heartsound ;-) But then again, you also missed the MUD!
        Terry.

        Message 3 of 3 , Oct 1 9:54 AM
          Thanks Terry, great to hear from you!

          We look forward to hearing more of your 'community weaving' in this group...

          John
          PS Missed the wonderful singing at the Heart Sound Camp but glad I missed the mud!