Re: Our goals
The Goals, Principles, and Mission of the Minciu Sodas Virtual LaboratoryThe Minciu Sodas laboratory's
GoalsMission | Objectives | Greater | Lesser | Loss or Gain? | Discussion Channels | Disclaimers | Rules | Principles
We are people who care about why, how, what, and whether we are thinking.
We respond to our concerns about thinking:
- Why are we thinking? We clarify reasons for thinking.
- How are we thinking? We provide tools for thinking.
- What are we thinking? We develop structures for thinking.
- Are we thinking? We promote formats for thinking.
We support the Minciu Sodas laboratory by informing each other of our own related goals, and by sharing our resources to achieve these goals.
Andrius Kulikauskas: As Director, I have looked over our work so far and developed a program of ten objectives for advancing our goals. I appreciate your help to better formulate our objectives, as well as to add any other objectives that you would like to work towards. Please write me at ms@... with any thoughts you have.through material loss by ourselves and those who work with us. I invite and encourage you to work on these objectives within our laboratory.
We need to better clarify the four objectives below before we start working groups for them. I invite you to join our discussion groups and help develop these objectives and endeavors that would further them.
- An Attitude for Submitting to God. We work to support anybody who wants to care about God. So perhaps we help them be more accountable for their lives, develop means that they may each heighten their own conscience and exercise action.
- A Plan for Supporting God. We work to support anybody who wants to care about their relationship with God. So perhaps we foster their ability to hear God and listen to God.
- A Language for Supporting Others. We work to support anybody who wants to care about their relationship with others. So perhaps we develop ways they might reach out to others, include and involve them, depend on them.
- A World for Supporting Life. We work to support anybody who wants to care about others. So perhaps we help them understand others.
- Flow of Experiences, firstname.lastname@example.org, We work to support anybody who wants to think about their own thoughts. We have been working on the following endeavor: When you generate more thoughts than you can keep track of, you want to be able to stand back and reflect on them. You would like to use software to accumulate your notes and organize them into sequences, trees and webs. Unfortunately, your notes get trapped whenever products get discontinued. Minciu Sodas is developing an import/export standard so that you can work on your thoughts independently of any software format, and tools can compete and mature as you take up ever more challenging projects. Andrius Kulikauskas is leading our efforts. Sponsoring members are: TheBrain and MindJET. Active participants include: Ben Darnell, Nick Duffill, Saulius Maskeliunas, Raimundas Vaitkevicius, Joseph Goguen and Roy Roebuck. More information is at http://www.ms.lt/importexport.html
- Confrontal of Issues, email@example.com, We work to support anybody who wants to think about their own actions. A possible endeavor: You think about your actions because you're not sure what effect they might have on yourself and others. You want to be more sensitive to the effect you have, especially on the needs of others. Minciu Sodas can collect and study examples of the many different things we could be sensitive of. We can develop humor as a rigorous technique for revealing what we are insensitive of, and making ourselves more sensitive. Joe Damal is leading our efforts. Active participants include: Andrius Kulikauskas.
- Harmony of Motivation, firstname.lastname@example.org, We work to support anybody who wants to think about their own stands. We are considering the following endeavor: When you think about your stands and principles, you are invaluable, clarifying the essential. However, working for others, you can for the same reasons be annoying and troublesome. You do not fit well into a division of labor, and are looking to tap into various embedded life interests. You work productively when you enjoy your work. Our laboratory, Minciu Sodas, can develop a "declaration of unification of labor" that you might bring to a potential employer, anticipating a variety of drives that you will need to channel. You can agree on productive outlets, which Minciu Sodas can suggest and develop. Steve Raiff is leading our efforts. Active participants include: Andrius Kulikauskas. More information is at http://www.brainfarming.com/motivation/
- Access to Creativity, email@example.com, We work to support anybody who wants to think about thoughts other than their own. You want to get out of a mental rut, find the thought you are missing, or clarify your own thoughts. Minciu Sodas can help you enter the intuition of another, map it to your own.
- Agreement on Principles, firstname.lastname@example.org, We work to support anybody who wants to think about actions other than their own. A possible endeavor: You want to work together with others, but they all have their own personal ways of assessing themselves and others. Minciu Sodas can develop techniques that build bridges between different assessments, generate a shared language of principles, actions, experiences, and conclusions, open up channels to understand each other's issues and reasonings so you can work together as a team.
- Intent for Discovery, email@example.com, We work to support anybody who wants to think about stands other than their own. You want to know how your belief, on which you stand, relates to other stands. The investigations of the Minciu Sodas laboratory are designed to publicly explore the implications of your stand, find an unexpected stand that is relevant, and help you build relationships with those who take that stand. Minciu Sodas can develop this investigatory method so that you can apply it in your own virtual laboratory.
Newsletters | Discussion Groups | Working Groups | Subscribing and Unsubscribing
We use eGroups as our way of communicating as a group. We have structured our groups so that they work as discussion channels. Our intent is that you get the streams of information that are more relevant to your interests. We appreciate your comments! Please send them to our discussion groups or to our director Andrius Kulikauskas at ms@....
participating. They are weekly, irregular, and free!
- firstname.lastname@example.org Our newsletter in English. All are welcome to subscribe for free!
Our newsletters are in the public domain. You are welcome to translate them into other languages, and we would be glad to help make your translations available. Please write to us at ms@...become a member for free by contributing examples of caring about thinking to the public domain.
email@example.com Discussion in English. View our archive. All are welcome to subscribe for free!
firstname.lastname@example.org Discussion in Lithuanian. View our archive. All are welcome to subscribe for free!
email@example.com Discussion in Spanish. View our archive. All are welcome to subscribe for free!
Discussion groups also start as all-purpose channels for our members when we do not yet have a working group in that language for a particular objective. This makes it simpler for nonmembers to join our endeavors early on.
We organize our work along ten objectives. Our plan is to have a working group for each objective, and help each working group develop an endeavor, bold and meaningful, which may typically take one or two years to accomplish.
All are welcome to read and share our letters on the web. Our correspondence is in the public domain whenever our letters do not indicate otherwise. Only members of our laboratory can join our working groups, to make for the most productive environment. Members may join as many working groups as they like at no charge!
To learn more about the working groups below, please read about the underlying objectives.
firstname.lastname@example.org Flow of Experiences. View our archive. Members may subscribe for free!
email@example.com Confrontal of Issues. View our archive. Members may subscribe for free!
firstname.lastname@example.org Harmony of Motivation. View our archive. Members may subscribe for free!
email@example.com Access to Creativity. View our archive. Members may subscribe for free!
firstname.lastname@example.org Agreement on Principles. View our archive. Members may subscribe for free!
email@example.com Intent for Discovery. View our archive. Members may subscribe for free!
We invite you to demonstrate you initiative and join the Minciu Sodas laboratory.
- To Subscribe, send a blank message to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- To Post a message, send it to: email@example.com
- To Unsubscribe, send a blank message to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- To Read messages on the Web: http://www.egroups.com/group/favorite/
When you subscribe to a working group, our laboratory will be alerted, and we will confirm that you are a member. Become a member of the Minciu Sodas laboratory!
If you have trouble with any of the above, our director Andrius Kulikauskas, ms@..., can help. It is easiest and quickest for us to subscribe and unsubscribe if you send emails as above.Director of the Minciu Sodas laboratory to formulate our goals and objectives as meaningfully and comprehensively as needed for all of our current and prospective members to work together towards our mission of caring about thinking. Please do not assume that any particular member endorses any particular goal unless they are working towards that goal. When in doubt, please ask!
We provide our members the opportunity to state below any reservations they may have. The fact that they do not state any does not mean that they do not have any. It is also the policy of the Minciu Sodas laboratory to value goals and objectives that our system does not envisage because they reveal what we have overlooked, not appreciated, or been wrongheaded about.
Minciu Sodas laboratory, or as participants in our discussion groups, we expect each of us to help our research with our correspondence by following these two rules:
- I agree that by writing a letter to or from the Minciu Sodas laboratory, or by sending a message to discussion groups organized by the Minciu Sodas laboratory, I am submitting the text of my letter or message into the public domain, unless within that letter or message I explicitly state otherwise (for example: Copyright 2000). In other words, everybody can assume that whenever my text does not state otherwise, nobody in the world needs my permission to copy, edit, and share all or part of my text.
- In my letter or message, I let others know of any material that I include of which I am not the author, and make an effort to identify the author and the source of that material. Authorship is important regardless of whether the text is protected by copyright.
We welcome suggestions regarding the above rules. Please send them to our director Andrius Kulikauskas at ms@... We invite you to join the Minciu Sodas laboratory, and we invite you to sign up for our discussion groups.
Creating connections through work.We want our wages to come from a service that truly helps other people. We think wealth consists of the quality and variety of connections made between people. We are working to help all people be connected through the ideas and initiative they contribute for the common good.
Meeting around theoretical challenges.We want to provide and encourage leadership by pointing to theoretical challenges that we can meet around. We want to be independent and work for a wide variety of customers, both big and small. We want our business model to foster leadership and a balance of talents in all people.
Learning from practical situations.We want rapid feedback so we work primarily for the private sector. We gear our services towards those that others do not provide. Through custom work for special needs we help show what may actually be general needs. We strive to test for ourselves the services that we provide.
Cherishing life outside of work.We strive to work part time. We want to help with the chores of our society so that all people have time and energy for individual pursuits. We want the awareness that comes from being our own customers. We want to develop a business model that could work in a noncommercial setting as well.
The Goals, Principles, and Mission of the Minciu Sodas Virtual Laboratory
The following is my consolidation of what I would like to achieve with Minciu Sodas, based on the inputs from Shannon and Andrius, plus my own thinking:
- Better understanding of what thinking is, how we do it and how it could be enhanced with information technology.
- Develop tools and procedures that will enhance individual thinking in quantity, quality, consistency,…
- A system that can accommodate individual uniqueness in experiences, interests, activities, knowledge and thinking.
- An implementation that can survive various schools, projects, employment situations, interests, locations, friends, fields of interest, languages, technologies,… It should be able to interface with corporate knowledge management systems, work groups facilitation software, and reference sources, while remaining totally independent.
- Extend personal networks which can contribute to this work
- Publish the results.
- Here's a letter from Marjorie.
Now here's a worthwhile project! The short version is directly below,
with a longer version farther down.
"In TRADE SECRETS: A MOYERS REPORT correspondent Bill Moyers and
producer Sherry Jones uncover how our health and safety have been put at
risk and why powerful forces don't want the truth to be known."
"The Environmental Health Fund, the Environmental Working Group, the
Center for Health, Environment and Justice and Women's Voices For the
Earth.are launching Coming Clean, a project aimed at cleaning up the
chemical industry's contamination of our food, our bodies and our
I don't think we could make money working on this. But I can't think of
anything more important than cleaning up our environment. It's one
thing not to have much money.
It's another not to have a planet. If the present trend continues,
we're not going to have anyplace to go to get clean food, clean water,
or clean air. Take it from one who's already been poisoned in a sick
building. I'd like very much to spare other people the sort of distress
some of us have had.
From: Anne Jackson [mailto:A.Jackson@...]
Sent: Wednesday, January 31, 2001 6:36 PM
Subject: Fwd: RE: Bill Moyer, Trade Secrets
You'll want to put this on your calendar !
Barbara Wilkie <wilworks@...> wrote:
: Barbara Wilkie [mailto:wilworks@...]
>Sent: Monday, January 29, 2001 2:40 PMJanuary 2001 --
>To: FPIN@onelist.com; SickBuildings
>Subject: Re: Trade Secrets
>Hi, Folks --
>Info in from Elizabeth O'Nan . . .
>I'm writing to Bill Moyers at
>Mr. Bill Moyers
>Public Affairs Television
>450 West 33rd Street
>New York, NY 10001.
>TRADE SECRETS/Coming Clean
>On Monday night, March 26th, public television
>will air a . groundbreaking investigative report
>on the chemical industry.
>In TRADE SECRETS: A MOYERS REPORT correspondent
>Bill Moyers and producer Sherry Jones uncover how
>our health and safety have been put at risk and
>why powerful forces don't want the truth to be
>known. This investigative report, accompanied by a
>PBS.org Web site, is based on a massive archive of
>secret industry documents as shocking as the
>TRADE SECRETS provides everyone working on toxic
>chemicals and environmental health issues a
>tremendous education and outreach opportunity. To
>help maximize that opportunity, the Environmental
>Health Fund, the Environmental Working Group, the
>Center for Health, Environment and Justice and
>Women's Voices For the Earth.are launching Coming
>Clean, a project aimed at cleaning up the chemical
>industry's contamination of our food, our bodies
>and our environment.
>Coming Clean is working with groups across the
>country to organize local TRADE SECRETS viewing
>events. For more information about how you can
>organize a viewing event in your community, please
>contact Ann Long at annlong@..., Charlotte
>Brody at cbrody@..., Bryony Schwan at
>swan@... or Monica Rohde at
>Protect All Children's Environment
>396 Sugar Cove Road
>Marion, North Carolina 28752
>Phone: (828) 724 4221
>Fax: (828) 724 4177
The Citizen's Petition, Docket Number 99P-1340/CP 1 -- requesting
FDA-required warning labels on fragrances -- is still open.
Take this is a golden opportunity to write the FDA about the
you suffer from fragrances -- first- or secondhand.
FDA Petition with analyses: