Social Operating System's synchronicity reaching for Economic freedom

  • Benoit Couture
    Message 1 of 6 , Sep 20, 2006
      John, John and all

      John Waters wrote:
      "I wish I could see a general solution. Unfortunately all I can see are
      small-scale, localized ad hoc solutions in like tiny islands in an ocean
      of chaos. That doesn't mean that solutions don't exist, of course. ;-)
      That's why I continue to lurk, straining to hear the small voices of
      sanity out there."
      And then John Rogers wrote in Society's Operating System: "It's not rocket science and yet we manage to massively complicate matters with money!" http://finance.groups.yahoo.com/group/cyfranogi/message/1830
      So to deal with how complicated matters have become, the syncronicity that I see needed is twofold; one is like the spread of an inner fire from the few to the many, lit up into inspiration at many spots on earth, like the Global Villages idea, and the other is a sudden calm which will reach the One Village scenery, like a deep stillness befalling a great big lake under a beautiful sky of infinite horizons, like what fighting peacefully can do through holistic helping as highlighted by Janet so well.

      So for the sake synchronicity's momentum building, here are some links to someone's work, who has made it a life time goal to hear the samll voices such as mine, for the sake of bringing on the one voice of peace, systematically for the six billion people, without destroying anything nor anyone in the process. He and his dad have had to learn to live up to the title of "future historians" and he now lives for the sake of providing a future his 10 years old daughter!!! http://www.omidyar.net/user/u494644901/news/0/6/
      When I read him, I get the sense of this very real and possible opportunity that human intelligenge can respond to quickly and efficiently in simplicity and with joy abounding for all. Here are some of his calls to sanity:

      http://project30000.blogspot.com/

      http://worldentrepreneur.net/

      http://worldentrepreneur.net/_wsn/page5.html

      http://ecosaintjames.blogspot.com/2006/12/delhi-grn-2004-gandhi-2007.html

      http://www.bbc.co.uk/dna/actionnetwork/A4205819

      http://clubofahmedabad.blogspot.com/1999/12/ways-you-can-collaborate-with-club-of.html

      These are, but a few of his ongoing work. The beauty of the man is how you can learn so much directly from him.

      Also, there is Jeffrey Sachs who is an economist advising the UN Secretary General on the Millinium Goals. So here is a link to a post I made to invite on a Canadian site where Jeffrey Sachs was a conference speaker. In that letter, I mention my dream for participation and collaboration:
      http://www.canada2020.ca/blog/progressive/in-connecting-to-jeffrey-sachs-canada-2020-lecture/

      Then of course, there is Andrius Kulikauskas, John Waters, John Rogers, Tom Wayburn, Steve Bosserman, Kevin Parcell, Janet Feldman, Pamela McLean, Jeff Buderer, Franz Nahrada, Markus Petz, Eric Schneider and many others grows the impulse in me to scream out to the powers that be...
      How can Minciu Sodas, Chris Macrae and Jeffrey Sachs come into synchronicity in such a way as to initiate an emrgency response team, ready to be dispatched with the complete equipement needed to "attack" human misery by raising the inspiration and the foundation of health-education-correction? And also,
      How can we go about to consolidate the passage of sanity's dreams into reality, in the topology of a universal dance, where melodious synchonicity moves us in position of balance and harmony, away from the oppression of current money handlings?

      Speaking at such a level of complexity in 2006 as what we do, calls for the lead to be given from people who have experience in conflict resolution. The kind of people we need, are those who are already involved on the front lines of the diplomacy of good business deployment and humanitarian relief and who's work simply need to have our personal attention and our collective focus to support the move in the direction that sanity calls for.

      Benoit

      John Waters <john.waters@...> wrote:
      Tom Wayburn wrote:

      > The Cato Institute and I have quite different definitions of economic
      freedom.
      > Economic freedom means economic equality because a rich man can impose
      > upon the freedom of a poor man in a thousand ways, which means that the
      > fear that he might is present constantly and constitutes the opposite of
      > economic freedom.

      I agree strongly.

      > In particular, I wish to be free of the unfair game in which people
      compete for
      > money. Therefore, I would argue that Cuba rates higher in economic freedom
      > than does Hong Kong. All those nice things that are supposed to happen
      > when the Cato Institute's notion of economic "freedom" obtains,
      namely, the
      > right to exploit others freely given, are skewed in favor of the rich
      or are
      > simply bad data.

      .. or false conclusions based upon mis-stated or mis-structured
      statistical or correlative arguments.

      The information-impoverished "free market" system fails to distinguish
      channels (paths from cause to effect) and precludes the formation of
      effective regulative feedback loops.

      I wish I could see a general solution. Unfortunately all I can see are
      small-scale, localized ad hoc solutions in like tiny islands in an ocean
      of chaos. That doesn't mean that solutions don't exist, of course. ;-)
      That's why I continue to lurk, straining to hear the small voices of
      sanity out there.

      John :)

      John :) Waters | john.waters@... | 0845 458 0626