Birdshot funding

  • Kevin Parcell
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 2, 2006
      By way of introduction - for new members - my name is Kevin Parcell, I've
      written in this space a few times, mostly about alternative currency, and I've
      attempted to engage others here in reasoned debate, criticizing the
      arguments of others and offering my own arguments for discussion. Some of
      my recent work is posted on my personal website, linked from my signature
      below - your comments are welcome.

      Among the work linked from my site is "Birdshot", a simple emergency
      currency model and support network for community currency systems that
      began on this board. I've been invited to attend the International Disaster
      Reduction Conference in Davos, Switzerland, to share this work. At this time,
      I'm beginning a search for funds for the Birdshot initiative. In addition to
      funding for the Davos trip, I'm seeking to cover the cost of creating and
      distributing the Birdshot poster (linked from my site) and a short film for dvd
      and online streaming that will illustrate the process of designing and
      implementing a simple emergency currency system.

      Fortunately, there is quite a bit of funding out there for health/flu related
      initiatives, but I need help identifying and appealing to specific funders.
      Please contact me with your suggestions.

      Kevin
      http://homepage.mac.com/forever.net