ICLS 2014 Conference

  • Willem Van vliet
    Message 1 of 6 , Apr 23, 2013
      Posted on behalf of
      Bill Penuel, Susan Jurow, Kevin O’Connor
      ICLS 2014 Conference Co-Chairs
      ==================================

      Dear Colleagues:

      We are pleased to announce the call for proposals for the 11th International Conference of the Learning Sciences. The conference will take place June 23-27, 2014 in Boulder, Colorado, USA.

      Submissions for symposia, papers, and posters will be due November 8, 2013. We want to extend a special invitation to researchers interested in becoming part of the learning sciences community who have never attended or presented before.

      The theme of the conference is “Learning and Becoming in Practice.” The call for proposals and details on the conference theme can be found at:

      We will hold two webinars on May 7th and June 4th at 9am MT for people interested in learning more about the conference theme and about preparing a submission for ICLS. To sign up for the webinar, email: icls2014-inquiry@...

      Help us spread the word on Twitter (#ICLS2014) and other social media:

      Call for proposals for the 11th International Conference of the Learning Sciences, #ICLS2014: http://www.isls.org/icls2014

      Want to submit to International Conference of the Learning Sciences but have ?s Attend webinar May 7 or June 4: http://www.isls.org/icls2014

      Bill Penuel, Susan Jurow, Kevin O’Connor
      ICLS 2014 Conference Co-Chairs
    • Helen Woolley
      Message 2 of 6 , May 9, 2013
        Dear Editors

        I wonder whether you are still looking for proposals for special theme issues.

        I have a concept about children and outdoor environments in housing areas wich if you are still open for proposals I would be happy to bring together.  But perhaps I am too later and you have already chosen one or enough topics for special issues.

        With best wishes
        Helen Woolley

        On 13/03/2013 21:10, cyejournal wrote:

        The Editors of the Children, Youth and Environments Journal invite proposals for special theme issues. Those interested should review topics included in past years so as not to duplicate recent coverage.

        Past issues are available on: http://www.jstor.org/action/showPublication?journalCode=chilyoutenvi

        • Proposals should be no longer than two to three pages (double spaced) and address the following points:
        • Description of the theme and its relevance, including references to significant existing publications on this theme
        • Questions and topics for contributions to explore
        •  Any prior work that the editors have done as a foundation for the special issue
        •  Names and affiliations of possible contributors
        •  Plan for dissemination of the call for papers and review of submissions

        Send proposals, along with CV, to cye@....

        --
        Helen Woolley BSc., BPhil., CMLI
        Chartered Landscape Architect

        Reader in Landscape Architecture and Society

        Department of Landscape
        The Arts Tower
        Western Bank
        The University of Sheffield
        Sheffield
        S10 2TN

        Tel: 00 44 114 222 0608
        Fax: 00 44 114 222 0627

        Times Higher Education University of the Year 2011

      • Willem Van vliet
        Message 3 of 6 , May 9, 2013

          Yes, we are still considering proposals for special issues.