Last chance for early-bird - Healthy by Nature Forum, Sept 20-23!
- The Healthy by Nature Forum is coming to Vancouver, BC on September 20-23, 2011.
Early registration ends on September 9th so register soon!
This interdisciplinary conference* will explore the physical and mental health and well-being benefits of spending time in nature. Participants will consider how we can move from intuition and scientific evidence to collaborative action and communities that are Healthy by Nature.
The Forum discussions and sessions will be centered around three principles:
1. Spending time in nature improves human health and well-being.
2. Human health depends on healthy ecosystems.
3. Parks and protected areas contribute to vibrant, healthy communities.
Keynote Speakers: Dr. William Bird, Gil Penalosa, Dr. Frances (Ming) Kuo, Tonya Surman
Cost: full forum registration: $350; one-day registration for September 21: $195
Can't attend the whole Forum? Join us for the Opening Reception at the Beaty Biodiversity Museum for $15. Highlights include: Dr. Art Hister, Cornelia Oberlander and entertainment.
* The Healthy by Nature Forum is now accredited by the College of Family Physicians - physicians who attend on September 21 will receive 4.75 MainPro M1 continuing education credits.
For more information and registration details go to: www.healthybynature.ca