Midwest contacts

  • Amanda Perry
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 22 4:12 PM
      Hello -

      My name is Amanda Perry and I just completed my master's degree in Community
      Development at UC Davis with Patsy Eubanks Owens as my advisor. I have
      helped her with several research projects over the past two years, including
      presenting some of the work at EDRA 41 in Washington D.C. in June 2010. I
      am currently in the process of job hunting and hopefully heading back to the
      Midwest, so Patsy suggested that I e-mail this listserv in hopes of finding
      some more friendly faces for that upcoming transition.

      I'm hoping to find a job in community-school partnerships that are working
      towards innovative solutions to meet the needs of young people. Doing so
      would combine my four years of teaching experience with my recent studies of
      community youth development and empowerment. Kansas City and St. Louis are
      my top two destinations of choice, but I am also considering other Midwest
      cities. If you are located in any of those locations, I would greatly
      appreciate hearing from you to know more about the CYE networks in that part
      of the country. The people involved with CYE are consistently doing the
      type of work I believe needs to be happening, so I am always eager to learn
      more from each of you.

      Thanks for your time and assistance; I look forward to hearing from you.
      Cheers -
      Amanda

      --
      Amanda Perry