call for abstracts: 9th biennial conference on environmental psychology 2011

  • Haans, A.
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 6, 2010
      Call for abstracts

      We cordially invite you to participate in the 9th Biennial Conference on Environmental Psychology, which will take place in Eindhoven, The Netherlands, September 26 - 28, 2011.

      Contributions from all areas of environmental psychology are welcome. Key topics include the built and natural environment, conservation behavior and sustainability, environmental perception and decision making, environmental risks and stress, methods and theories in environment-behavior research, and restoration and health.

      We encourage, in particular, theoretical and empirical contributions addressing this year's conference theme Environment 2.0. The environments we live and work in become increasingly technological. In this year's conference we would like to reflect on environmental psychology's status with regard to technological innovations. Are we as environmental psychologists sufficiently aware of and involved in developments such as, ambient intelligence, virtual reality, persuasive technology, lighting technology for wellbeing and performance, and location aware services on mobile phones and the Internet?

      As contributions we accept oral presentations, posters, and proposals for symposia. A symposium proposal is appropriate for a coherent group of presentations that focus on one topic.

      Three renowned scientists will give keynote addresses<http://eco.psy.ruhr-uni-bochum.de/conference/php/keynote_addresses.php?style=0&size=>, and there will be plenty of opportunity to meet with colleagues and peers. The congress language will be English.

      Submission Guidelines

      The conference will follow a thorough blind peer reviewing process in order to guarantee the quality and relevance of the work presented. The submission format is extended abstracts of up to 500 words (excluding references) in Word format (though an anonymous pdf version should also be submitted). Symposium proposals should include a minimum of four presentations and a discussant. Each participant's contribution to the symposium as well an introduction to topic of the symposium should be outlined in the proposal. The participation of each presenter should be secured before submitting the proposal. Each symposium session at the conference will be allotted up to 90 minutes. There will only be a limited number of slots available for special symposiums. For more specific submission guidelines, please visit the conference website: www.envpsych2011.eu<http://www.envpsych2011.eu>.

      Important dates

      March 20, 2011: Abstract submission deadline
      April 24, 2011: Abstract acceptance notification
      May 15, 2011: Early bird registration deadline
      September 1, 2011: Regular registration deadline

      Keynote speakers

      Keynote 1: Prof.dr. Robert Cialdini
      Professor Emeritus of Psychology and Marketing, Department of Psychology, Arizona State University.
      Keynote 2 & 3: To be confirmed

      Conference Venue

      The city of Eindhoven is located in the south-east of the Netherlands, within 50 kilometers of both the German and Belgian borders. It is easily accessible by train, car, and plane. Eindhoven is the fifth-largest city in the Netherlands, and number one in terms of technology. The Eindhoven region is known as Brainport and holds a strategic position in Western Europe as one of the leading centers for advanced technology. It has been the base of the research and development facilities of Royal Philips Electronics for over a century, and many other global companies have established R&D and production facilities in the Eindhoven area. Eindhoven offers many of the usual amenities of modern cities, such a luscious variety of ethnic foods and beers from around the world.
      Eindhoven University of Technology is a relatively young and modern university that specializes in engineering science and technology. It intends to be a research driven, design oriented university of technology at an international level, with the primary objective of providing young people with an academic education within the 'engineering science & technology' domain. TU/e strives to take a significant role in the international scientific world, and to make meaningful contributions to the knowledge-intensive industries and other sectors of the community with a high, or rapidly developing, technology intensity.
      The Human-Technology Interaction<http://w3.ieis.tue.nl/en/groups/hti/> (HTI) group of the School of Innovation Sciences has been internationally acclaimed for perception research, and has become established as a major centre of excellence in human-technology interaction research. Bringing together psychological and engineering expertise, its central mission is investigating and optimizing interactions between people, systems, and environments, in the service of a socially and ecologically sustainable society.

      For more information see the conference website: http://www.envpsych2011.eu
      Or contact: info@...

      On behalf of the Human Technology Interaction group at Eindhoven University of Technology, and the Environmental Psychology Division of the German Association of Psychology (DGPs), we welcome you to Eindhoven in September 2011,

      The organizing committee

      Cees Midden
      Yvonne de Kort
      Jaap Ham