RE: RE: [cyef] Global advocacy for children s environments

  • Fiona Robbe
    Message 1 of 13 , Oct 17, 2010
      hi Valerie (and any one else who can help)

      I am interested to know the result of the consultations regarding the
      child’s right to play, held in Johannesburg – as mentioned below.

      Is it possible to receive a report?

      I would be very grateful!

      Fiona Robbé AILA

      Registered Landscape Architect & Horticulturist

      Fiona Robbé Landscape Architects
      108 Arcadia Road, ARCADIA NSW 2159
      Tel: (02) 9653 1045 Fax: (02) 9653 1229
      Email: fiona@...

      IMPORTANT NOTICE
      This email and any attachments may be confidential and also privileged. If
      you are not the intended recipient please notify the sender and delete all
      copies of this transmission immediately, along with any attachments. You
      should not copy it or use it for any purpose, nor disclose its contents to
      any other person.

      _____

      From: Sheridan Bartlett <sheridan.bartlett@...
      <mailto:sheridan.bartlett%40gmail.com> >
      Date: Wednesday, June 16, 2010 8:05 am
      To: cyef@yahoogroups.com <mailto:cyef%40yahoogroups.com>

      Message 2 of 13 , Nov 7, 2010
        Please find attached the final composite report of the eight Global Consultations conducted by the International Play Association: Promoting the Child's Right to Play (IPA)

        Valerie Fronczek
        Communications Officer and Magazine Editor

        Date: Wednesday, June 16, 2010 8:05 am
        To: cyef@yahoogroups.com <mailto:cyef%40yahoogroups.com>

        > Hi Selim
        >
        > It's really too bad you guys aren't in Kenya any more!
        > I've been in
        > Nairobi, trying to scope out entry points for AKF for their
        > plans to do ECD
        > in slum areas. It's looking quite likely that they will
        > partner with the
        > federations of the urban poor (with quite a bit of interest on
        > the part of
        > the education woman on Nairobi's city council, as well as the national
        > folks.) Attention to environment will of course have to be
        > central in these
        > settings. I visited one slum the other day where the
        > federations have been
        > upgrading and they have come up with a layout that is really
        > great for small
        > kids - 2-4 story buildings arranged around sort of complicated
        > courtyard-alleyway spaces that offer a lot of potential for kids
        > play and
        > with each little complex of 10-15 buildings really sheltered
        > from the
        > street, a world unto itself. I'm excited to see how this
        > relationship works
        > out.
        >

        > Flying out tonight.
        >

        > Take care
        >
        > Sherry

      • Valerie Fronczek
        Message 3 of 13 , Jan 15, 2011
          Dear Tom,
          The final report on this project is now on our website www.ipaworld.org

          Sorry for the delay.
          Valerie
          Message 4 of 13 , Apr 14 8:51 AM
            Registration is now open for the third Open Space: People Space Conference
            27th ­ 29th June, 2011
            Edinburgh, UK
            Inclusive Design for Getting Outdoors
            A conference on research into inclusive outdoor environments for all

            OEarly Bird¹ reduced registration fee available until 30th April
            The Conference minisite can be accessed at
            http://www.openspace.eca.ac.uk/conference2011/confbackground.htm

            Catharine Ward Thompson
            Research Professor of Landscape Architecture
            Edinburgh College of Art and University of Edinburgh
            Director, OPENspace research centre:
            http://www.openspace.eca.ac.uk
            Director, I'DGO research consortium http://www.idgo.ac.uk

            Edinburgh College of Art
            Lauriston Place
            Edinburgh EH3 9DF
            UK
            http://www.eca.ac.uk

            tel: +44 131 221 6176
            fax: +44 131 221 6157
            E-mail: c.ward-thompson@...

            Edinburgh College of Art (eca) is a charity registered in Scotland, number SC009201