research on children playspace

  • ~azlina~
    Message 1 of 10 , Feb 2, 2010
      hello everyone..i'm azzlina from malaysia..
      a master degree student and always follow the news from the group since last year...

      I’m doing a research on how children gain knowledge in outdoor playspace environment contributing to cognitive, physical and social development...
      but...still cannot get into it!
      can anyone share your brilliant idea in this topic of study or just show me the way how to carry through this research...
      please......

      _@ZzLiN@_

    • Jenene Burke
      Message 2 of 10 , Feb 2, 2010
        Dear Azzlina,

        I have just completed my Ph.D thesis on this very subject with respect
        to disabled children. The thesis has been passed by examiners and will
        be published within the next month. I would be happy to talk to you.
        Cheryl Greenfield, from the Manukua Institute of Technology in New
        Zealand has also been working on a similar question with respect to
        early childhood play environments. We both used photo elicitation
        methods with children to collect data.

        Jenene

        Jenene Burke
        School of Education
        University of Ballarat
        PO Box 663
        Ballarat 3353
        ph. (03) 53279332

        Office location: T305

        >>> ~azlina~ <wawibest@...> 3/02/2010 4:37 am >>>
        hello everyone..i'm azzlina from malaysia..
        a master degree student and always follow the news from the group since
        last year...

        I’m doing a research on how children gain knowledge in outdoor
        playspace environment contributing to cognitive, physical and social
        development...
        but...still cannot get into it!
        can anyone share your brilliant idea in this topic of study or just
        show me the way how to carry through this research...
        please......

        _@ZzLiN@_

      • IPA COMMUNICATIONS
        Message 3 of 10 , Feb 3, 2010
          The International Play Association: Promoting the Child's Right to Play (IPA) has recently produced a 'concept paper' on the topic. This will be posted on our website shortly. www.ipaworld.org
          And of course there are many other sources!

          (IPA has members in over 50 countries throughout the world. It's purpose is to protect, preserve and promote the child's right to play.)

          Valerie Fronczek, Communications Officer.

          > hello everyone..i'm azzlina from malaysia..
          > a master degree student and always follow the news from the
          > group since last year...
          >
          > I�m doing a research on how children gain knowledge in outdoor
          > playspace environment contributing to cognitive, physical and
          > social development...
          > but...still cannot get into it!
          > can anyone share your brilliant idea in this topic of study or
          > just show me the way how to carry through this research...
          > please......
          >

          > _@ZzLiN@_

        • vvanvann
          Message 4 of 10 , Nov 19, 2010
            + + + Please, forward to possible applicants +++

            We invite applications to the Ph.D. Program in Design and Planning in
            the College of Architecture and Planning at the University of Colorado
            for research on some aspect of children or youth and the built or
            natural environment. Applicants should have a strong interest in the
            physical environment as a context for behavior, development and
            intervention. A degree in planning, design or allied discipline is
            preferred but not required. We welcome applications from countries in
            the North as well as the South.

            Contingent on approval, the program will provide funding, including
            tuition, to a qualified applicant, who will be expected to work 20
            hours per week as a Research Assistant or a Teaching Assistant.
            Support will continue in subsequent years, pending satisfactory
            progress through the program.

            The successful applicant will be affiliated with and work in the
            Children, Youth and Environments (CYE) Center for Research
            and Design. The CYE Center includes faculty from planning, the design
            professions and cognate areas, as well as about one dozen PhD students
            from various backgrounds.

            For information about the Center and its projects, see:

            <http://www.cudenver.edu/cye <http://www.cudenver.edu/cye> >

            For more information on the PhD Program and how to apply to it, see:

            http://ucdenver.edu/academics/colleges/ArchitecturePlanning/ExploreProgr\
            ams/phd/Pages/Phd.aspx

            February 1, 2011 is the application deadline for Fall 2011 admission.

            For more information, contact:

            Willem van Vliet-

            Director, Children, Youth and Environments Center
            College of Architecture and Planning
            University of Colorado, CB 314
            Boulder, CO 80309-0314
            USA

            Willem.vanvliet@...
            <../../../../post?postID=kAZFLQWaB2pd1EleRLcR-ztEGlZ3mejKaLsOZQ0O-fc7A85\
            he6E7Lklg89wuTk4sSjleco3cWgXPNQujM_TcDABxdURU>

          • vvanvann
            Message 5 of 10 , Oct 31, 2011
              + + + Please, forward to possible applicants +++

              We invite applications to the Ph.D. Program in Design and Planning in
              the College of Architecture and Planning at the University of Colorado
              for research on some aspect of children or youth and the built or
              natural environment. Applicants should have a strong interest in the
              physical environment as a context for behavior, development and
              intervention. A degree in planning, design or allied discipline is
              preferred but not required. We welcome applications from countries in
              the North as well as the South.

              Contingent on approval, the program will provide funding, including
              tuition, to a qualified applicant, who will be expected to work 20
              hours per week as a Research Assistant or a Teaching Assistant.
              Support is expected to continue in subsequent years, pending

              http://ucdenver.edu/cye

              For more information on the PhD Program and how to apply to it, see:

              http://ucdenver.edu/academics/colleges/ArchitecturePlanning/ExploreProgr\
              \
              ams/phd/Pages/Phd.aspx
              <http://ucdenver.edu/academics/colleges/ArchitecturePlanning/ExploreProg\
              rams/phd/Pages/Phd.aspx>

              February 1, 2012 is the application deadline for Fall 2012 admission.

              For more information, contact:

              Willem van Vliet-

              Director, Children, Youth and Environments Center
              College of Architecture and Planning
              University of Colorado, CB 314
              Boulder, CO 80309-0314
              USA

              Willem.vanvliet@...
              <../../../../post?postID=3tn-gIn_L3ScyW9e6ZPL_pbGE83pbCwrf74OkZMDaP5anF6\
              q4HCZ5a4wz0Jv92afidlTlpHmFV013-3uxEsuwu0D90s>