Doctoral Research Opportunity

  • vvanvann
    Message 1 of 10 , Jan 9, 2010
      + + + Please, forward to possible applicants +++

      We invite applications to the Ph.D. Program in Design and Planning in
      the College of Architecture and Planning at the University of Colorado
      for research on some aspect of children or youth and the built or
      natural environment. Applicants should have a strong interest in the
      physical environment as a context for behavior, development and
      intervention. A degree in planning, design or allied discipline is
      preferred but not required.

      Contingent on approval, the program will provide funding, including
      tuition, to a qualified applicant, who will be expected to work 20
      hours per week as a Research Assistant or a Teaching Assistant.
      Support will continue in subsequent years, pending satisfactory
      progress through the program.

      The successful applicant will be affiliated with and work in the
      College's Children, Youth and Environments (CYE) Center for Research
      and Design. The CYE Center includes faculty from planning, the design
      professions and cognate areas, as well as about one dozen PhD students
      from various backgrounds. For information about the Center and its
      projects, see:

      <http://www.cudenver.edu/cye>.

      February 15, 2009 is the application deadline. For more information,
      contact:

      Willem van Vliet-

      Director, Children, Youth and Environments Center
      College of Architecture and Planning
      University of Colorado,
      Boulder, CO 80309-0314
      USA

      Willem.vanvliet@...
    • Emma Pålsson
      Message 2 of 10 , Jan 11, 2010
        This looks very interesting, but it says the application deadline is in
        february 2009?

        Best regards Emma

        cyef@yahoogroups.com skriver:

        >+ + + Please, forward to possible applicants +++
        >
        >We invite applications to the Ph.D. Program in Design and Planning in
        >the College of Architecture and Planning at the University of Colorado
        >for research on some aspect of children or youth and the built or
        >natural environment. Applicants should have a strong interest in the
        >physical environment as a context for behavior, development and
        >intervention. A degree in planning, design or allied discipline is
        >preferred but not required.
        >
        >Contingent on approval, the program will provide funding, including
        >tuition, to a qualified applicant, who will be expected to work 20
        >hours per week as a Research Assistant or a Teaching Assistant.
        >Support will continue in subsequent years, pending satisfactory
        >progress through the program.
        >
        >The successful applicant will be affiliated with and work in the
        >College's Children, Youth and Environments (CYE) Center for Research
        >and Design. The CYE Center includes faculty from planning, the design
        >professions and cognate areas, as well as about one dozen PhD students
        >from various backgrounds. For information about the Center and its
        >projects, see:
        >
        ><[ http://www.cudenver.edu/cye ]http://www.cudenver.edu/cye>.
        >
        >February 15, 2009 is the application deadline. For more information,
        >contact:
        >
        >Willem van Vliet-
        >
        >Director, Children, Youth and Environments Center
        >College of Architecture and Planning
        >University of Colorado,
        >Boulder, CO 80309-0314
        >USA
        >
        >[ mailto:Willem.vanvliet%40colorado.edu ]Willem.vanvliet@...

        Emma Pålsson
        Skolgårdsinspiratör

        Malmö Stad - Utbildningsförvaltningen
        Pedagogiska Centralen - Malmö Naturskola
        Rönnbladsgatan 1 b
        212 16 Malmö

        Tel. 040-34 36 89, Mobil. 0708-24 31 49
        emma.palsson@...
        http://www.natur.pedc.se
      • vvanvann
        Message 3 of 10 , Jan 11, 2010
          Actually, that's a typo... It's Feb. 1, 2010. People who like to apply can but won't have a complete application ready by that date should send in what they can by the deadline with other parts to follow soon after.

          --- In cyef@yahoogroups.com, "Emma PÃ¥lsson" <emma.palsson@...> wrote:

          > This looks very interesting, but it says the application deadline is in
          > february 2009?
          >
          > Best regards Emma
          >

          > cyef@yahoogroups.com skriver:
          > >

          > >+ + + Please, forward to possible applicants +++
          > >
          > >We invite applications to the Ph.D. Program in Design and Planning in
          > >the College of Architecture and Planning at the University of Colorado
          > >for research on some aspect of children or youth and the built or
          > >natural environment. Applicants should have a strong interest in the
          > >physical environment as a context for behavior, development and
          > >intervention. A degree in planning, design or allied discipline is
          > >preferred but not required.
          > >
          > >Contingent on approval, the program will provide funding, including
          > >tuition, to a qualified applicant, who will be expected to work 20
          > >hours per week as a Research Assistant or a Teaching Assistant.
          > >Support will continue in subsequent years, pending satisfactory
          > >progress through the program.
          > >
          > >The successful applicant will be affiliated with and work in the
          > >College's Children, Youth and Environments (CYE) Center for Research
          > >and Design. The CYE Center includes faculty from planning, the design
          > >professions and cognate areas, as well as about one dozen PhD students
          > >from various backgrounds. For information about the Center and its
          > >projects, see:
          > >
          > ><[ http://www.cudenver.edu/cye ]http://www.cudenver.edu/cye>.
          > >
          > >February 15, 2009 is the application deadline. For more information,
          > >contact:
          > >
          > >Willem van Vliet-
          > >
          > >Director, Children, Youth and Environments Center
          > >College of Architecture and Planning
          > >University of Colorado,
          > >Boulder, CO 80309-0314
          > >USA
          > >
          > >[ mailto:Willem.vanvliet%40colorado.edu ]Willem.vanvliet@...
          > >

          > Emma Pålsson
          > Skolgårdsinspiratör
          >
          > Malmö Stad - Utbildningsförvaltningen
          > Pedagogiska Centralen - Malmö Naturskola
          > Rönnbladsgatan 1 b
          > 212 16 Malmö
          >
          > Tel. 040-34 36 89, Mobil. 0708-24 31 49
          > emma.palsson@...
          > http://www.natur.pedc.se

        • ~azlina~
          Message 4 of 10 , Feb 2, 2010
            hello everyone..i'm azzlina from malaysia..
            a master degree student and always follow the news from the group since last year...

            I’m doing a research on how children gain knowledge in outdoor playspace environment contributing to cognitive, physical and social development...
            but...still cannot get into it!
            can anyone share your brilliant idea in this topic of study or just show me the way how to carry through this research...
            please......

            _@ZzLiN@_

          • Jenene Burke
            Message 5 of 10 , Feb 2, 2010
              Dear Azzlina,

              I have just completed my Ph.D thesis on this very subject with respect
              to disabled children. The thesis has been passed by examiners and will
              be published within the next month. I would be happy to talk to you.
              Cheryl Greenfield, from the Manukua Institute of Technology in New
              Zealand has also been working on a similar question with respect to
              early childhood play environments. We both used photo elicitation
              methods with children to collect data.

              Jenene

              Jenene Burke
              School of Education
              University of Ballarat
              PO Box 663
              Ballarat 3353
              ph. (03) 53279332

              Office location: T305

              >>> ~azlina~ <wawibest@...> 3/02/2010 4:37 am >>>
              hello everyone..i'm azzlina from malaysia..
              a master degree student and always follow the news from the group since
              last year...

              I’m doing a research on how children gain knowledge in outdoor
              playspace environment contributing to cognitive, physical and social
              development...
              but...still cannot get into it!
              can anyone share your brilliant idea in this topic of study or just
              show me the way how to carry through this research...
              please......

              _@ZzLiN@_

            • IPA COMMUNICATIONS
              Message 6 of 10 , Feb 3, 2010
                The International Play Association: Promoting the Child's Right to Play (IPA) has recently produced a 'concept paper' on the topic. This will be posted on our website shortly. www.ipaworld.org
                And of course there are many other sources!

                (IPA has members in over 50 countries throughout the world. It's purpose is to protect, preserve and promote the child's right to play.)

                Valerie Fronczek, Communications Officer.

                > hello everyone..i'm azzlina from malaysia..
                > a master degree student and always follow the news from the
                > group since last year...
                >
                > I�m doing a research on how children gain knowledge in outdoor
                > playspace environment contributing to cognitive, physical and
                > social development...
                > but...still cannot get into it!
                > can anyone share your brilliant idea in this topic of study or
                > just show me the way how to carry through this research...
                > please......
                >

                > _@ZzLiN@_

              • vvanvann
                Message 7 of 10 , Nov 19, 2010
                  + + + Please, forward to possible applicants +++

                  We invite applications to the Ph.D. Program in Design and Planning in
                  the College of Architecture and Planning at the University of Colorado
                  for research on some aspect of children or youth and the built or
                  natural environment. Applicants should have a strong interest in the
                  physical environment as a context for behavior, development and
                  intervention. A degree in planning, design or allied discipline is
                  preferred but not required. We welcome applications from countries in
                  the North as well as the South.

                  Contingent on approval, the program will provide funding, including
                  tuition, to a qualified applicant, who will be expected to work 20
                  hours per week as a Research Assistant or a Teaching Assistant.
                  Support will continue in subsequent years, pending satisfactory
                  progress through the program.

                  The successful applicant will be affiliated with and work in the
                  Children, Youth and Environments (CYE) Center for Research
                  and Design. The CYE Center includes faculty from planning, the design
                  professions and cognate areas, as well as about one dozen PhD students
                  from various backgrounds.

                  For information about the Center and its projects, see:

                  <http://www.cudenver.edu/cye <http://www.cudenver.edu/cye> >

                  For more information on the PhD Program and how to apply to it, see:

                  http://ucdenver.edu/academics/colleges/ArchitecturePlanning/ExploreProgr\
                  ams/phd/Pages/Phd.aspx

                  February 1, 2011 is the application deadline for Fall 2011 admission.

                  For more information, contact:

                  Willem van Vliet-

                  Director, Children, Youth and Environments Center
                  College of Architecture and Planning
                  University of Colorado, CB 314
                  Boulder, CO 80309-0314
                  USA

                  Willem.vanvliet@...
                  <../../../../post?postID=kAZFLQWaB2pd1EleRLcR-ztEGlZ3mejKaLsOZQ0O-fc7A85\
                  he6E7Lklg89wuTk4sSjleco3cWgXPNQujM_TcDABxdURU>

                • vvanvann
                  Message 8 of 10 , Oct 31, 2011
                    + + + Please, forward to possible applicants +++

                    We invite applications to the Ph.D. Program in Design and Planning in
                    the College of Architecture and Planning at the University of Colorado
                    for research on some aspect of children or youth and the built or
                    natural environment. Applicants should have a strong interest in the
                    physical environment as a context for behavior, development and
                    intervention. A degree in planning, design or allied discipline is
                    preferred but not required. We welcome applications from countries in
                    the North as well as the South.

                    Contingent on approval, the program will provide funding, including
                    tuition, to a qualified applicant, who will be expected to work 20
                    hours per week as a Research Assistant or a Teaching Assistant.
                    Support is expected to continue in subsequent years, pending

                    http://ucdenver.edu/cye

                    For more information on the PhD Program and how to apply to it, see:

                    http://ucdenver.edu/academics/colleges/ArchitecturePlanning/ExploreProgr\
                    \
                    ams/phd/Pages/Phd.aspx
                    <http://ucdenver.edu/academics/colleges/ArchitecturePlanning/ExploreProg\
                    rams/phd/Pages/Phd.aspx>

                    February 1, 2012 is the application deadline for Fall 2012 admission.

                    For more information, contact:

                    Willem van Vliet-

                    Director, Children, Youth and Environments Center
                    College of Architecture and Planning
                    University of Colorado, CB 314
                    Boulder, CO 80309-0314
                    USA

                    Willem.vanvliet@...
                    <../../../../post?postID=3tn-gIn_L3ScyW9e6ZPL_pbGE83pbCwrf74OkZMDaP5anF6\
                    q4HCZ5a4wz0Jv92afidlTlpHmFV013-3uxEsuwu0D90s>