Using the CYE Forum on Yahoo

  • vvanvann
    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 1, 2005
      Colleagues,

      As we become familiar with this Yahoo Forum with hopes that the
      transition will be seamless, questions may arise. We'll do our best
      to help. Darcy Varney, Pamela Wridt and I will serve as moderators
      for this forum, although we don't plan to intervene unless asked or
      if a problem were to arise. There are currently 480 members.

      If you did not complete your registration for this Forum, you can
      still send msgs. to it (send to: cye@yahoogroups.com ) and you will
      also receive msgs. in your regular email inbox. However, you will
      not be able to use the Forum web functions (see:

      Among these functions:

      1. A survey through which you can express you preference for
      topics to be covered in future issues of the CYE journal (click on
      Polls in the left panel)

      2. The forum member database which lists contect information for
      colleagues along with key interests. You can add yourself to this
      database (click on Database).

      3. Links to useful CYE-related websites (click on Links).

      4. Search the archive of past msgs. (Messages -> search)

      5. Follow the thread of a specific discussion (Messages -> view -
      > thread)

      Selim deserves the gratitude of the entire CYE network for his
      maintainance of the listserv on Lyris for many years. Everyone is
      greatly indebted to him for having taken on that responsibility,
      working in the background to keep everything functioning smoothly,
      enabling easy communication in this virtual community, and making it
      possible for people from diverse backgrounds to communicate across
      the world. We hope that the Forum will continue on this path.

      We very much appreciate the support and advice that many of you have
      provided during this transition, and we thank you for your patience
      while we learn how to function in this new environment. Don't
      hesitate to let us know of any difficulties.

      Willem
    • Liisa Horelli
      Message 2 of 2 , Nov 3, 2005
        as I am a dummy, I am not sure if I have reregistered?? Could you check that
        I am still invoveld with the network?
        thank you
        Liisa

        Liisa Horelli, PhD