Re: [cyclomania] Environmental Forum cycle ride along the railway track

  • Anna Geroni
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 28, 2001
      I think the evening went quite well. It was a joy to see so many people out
      there enjoying the evening sunshine. We stopped just beyond the Saughall
      turn and enjoyed a glass of wine and some home made fruit cake courtesy of
      Dorothy Clift and Ann Jones.
      I wish all my evening meetings were like that.

      On the way back some of the group left and the rest of us joined the towpath
      and took the long way round back to Upton and New Scene. A few had not been
      on the towpath before so it was good for them to view it at it's best with
      all the wild flowers on both banks in full bloom.
      Did nothing for my hayfever though so by the time I got home I was
      streaming!
      All the paths look as if they've been there for years and it's hard to
      believe that they opened only a year ago last week.
      Perhaps those who said we were doing irreparable damage to the environment
      should have a wander down there just to see how quickly everything recovers.
      Anyway, it was a great way to spend an evening.