Re: [cyclekart] Re: Searching for alternate wheel to the CT90 wheel

  • John McPherson
    Message 1 of 18 , Mar 13, 2012
      Absolutely, I agree.  For those who think carriage racing is too tame

      Message 2 of 18 , Mar 13, 2012
        I do know that a go kart I had used 5/8" axles and a three wheel bike rated for 750lbs I have uses a 5/8" axle . I image it depends on how hard you drive it . I'm sure a 3/4" axle would be better  , but a Ferrari would be better then the econo box car I drive too .

        Ray

        Message 3 of 18 , Mar 14, 2012
          Back to the wheel proposed in the initial posting in this thread:

          http://www.kingston-saddlery.com/kss.asp?sel=product&id=C2167.WT&typ_id=60&

          Can anyone explain to me what that last picture is of? The one that looks like a 4-1/2" long threaded shaft with jam nuts on either end. Does that part slide thru the bearing, and then those shaped washers squeezed down on the bearings when you tighten the jam nuts? Is that how the bearings are held in the wheel?

          --- In cyclekart@yahoogroups.com, "ray1600@..." <ray1600@...> wrote:

          > I do know that a go kart I had used 5/8" axles and a three wheel bike rated for 750lbs I have uses a 5/8" axle . I image it depends on how hard you drive it . I'm sure a 3/4" axle would be better , but a Ferrari would be better then the econo box car I drive too . Ray

        • John McPherson
          Message 4 of 18 , Mar 14, 2012
            Look down the list for the axle that goes with this wheel.  The illustration should make it clear.
            Back to the wheel proposed in the initial posting in this thread:

            http://www.kingston-saddlery.com/kss.asp?sel=product&id=C2167.WT&typ_id=60&

            Can anyone explain to me what that last picture is of? The one that looks like a 4-1/2" long threaded shaft with jam nuts on either end. Does that part slide thru the bearing, and then those shaped washers squeezed down on the bearings when you tighten the jam nuts? Is that how the bearings are held in the wheel?

            --- In cyclekart@yahoogroups.com, "ray1600@..." <ray1600@...> wrote:

            > I do know that a go kart I had used 5/8" axles and a three wheel bike rated for 750lbs I have uses a 5/8" axle . I image it depends on how hard you drive it . I'm sure a 3/4" axle would be better , but a Ferrari would be better then the econo box car I drive too . Ray

          • atombikes
            Message 5 of 18 , Mar 14, 2012
              OK, I am a little bit smarter now, maybe not smart enough.

              This is the axle, I think:

              http://www.kingston-saddlery.com/kss.asp?sel=product&id=C2167.AXLE&typ_id=60&cat=

              So that little mini-axle shown in the wheel pics must go thru the hub of the wheel, tighten down jam nuts on both sides. Then that whole assy slides onto the end of the axle referenced above, and a nut at the end of the axle holds the whole thing in place?