Re: Is there a Cybook for sale?

  • Christel Pierson
    Message 1 of 25 , Mar 5, 2007
      --- In cybook@yahoogroups.com, Roger Jones <orange7z@...> wrote:

      > James,
      > Thanks for bidding - it is a great device and the one I sold was
      literally like new - I had mixed feelings about selling it. I also
      have an eBookwise device that I enjoy and wouldn't part with.
      > Take care,
      > Roger

      Hi Roger!
      Hope you don't mind my asking.
      Could you tell me what makes your eBookwise so extra special to you?

      I own a Cybook and use it often. I really like it, but I've been
      thinking of also buying an eBookwise, to have the option of carrying a
      reader that's lighter with me when I go out. Also I hate that the
      Cybook doesn't work outdoors. Is it possible to read the screen on the
      Ebookwise outside?

      I know that the eBookwise doesn't support Mobipocket books and
      .pdf-files. That's a disadvantage, but still people love it. What made
      you choose the eBookwise over the Cybook?

      Regards, Christel
    • Roger Jones
      Message 2 of 25 , Mar 5, 2007
        Christel,
            Did you get my reply about why I love the Cybook and the eBookwise? Lost my connection about then.
        Roger

        Christel Pierson <christel_pierson@...> wrote:
        --- In cybook@yahoogroups. com, Roger Jones <orange7z@.. .> wrote:

        > James,
        > Thanks for bidding - it is a great device and the one I sold was
        literally like new - I had mixed feelings about selling it. I also
        have an eBookwise device that I enjoy and wouldn't part with.
        > Take care,
        > Roger

        Hi Roger!
        Hope you don't mind my asking.
        Could you tell me what makes your eBookwise so extra special to you?

        I own a Cybook and use it often. I really like it, but I've been
        thinking of also buying an eBookwise, to have the option of carrying a
        reader that's lighter with me when I go out. Also I hate that the
        Cybook doesn't work outdoors. Is it possible to read the screen on the
        Ebookwise outside?

        I know that the eBookwise doesn't support Mobipocket books and
        .pdf-files. That's a disadvantage, but still people love it. What made
        you choose the eBookwise over the Cybook?

        Regards, Christel

        Bored stiff? Loosen up...

        Need Mail bonding?

      • Roger1935 Jones
        Message 3 of 25 , Mar 5, 2007
          Hi Christel,
          I love the Cybook because of the great background colors and the
          ability to change fonts - also, I really like Mobipocket - almost like going
          to Barnes and Noble. The Cybook just has a good feel.
          I really like the size of the eBookwise - when I am on business trips
          that's the one I take.
          They're both fun.
          Roger

          >From: Roger Jones <orange7z@...>
          >To: cybook@yahoogroups.com
          >Subject: Re: [cybook] Re: Is there a Cybook for sale?
          >Date: Mon, 5 Mar 2007 09:09:19 -0800 (PST)
          >
          >Christel,
          > Did you get my reply about why I love the Cybook and the eBookwise?
          >Lost my connection about then.
          > Roger
          >
          >Christel Pierson <christel_pierson@...> wrote:
          > --- In cybook@yahoogroups.com, Roger Jones <orange7z@...> wrote:
          > >
          > > James,
          > > Thanks for bidding - it is a great device and the one I sold was
          >literally like new - I had mixed feelings about selling it. I also
          >have an eBookwise device that I enjoy and wouldn't part with.
          > > Take care,
          > > Roger
          >
          >Hi Roger!
          >Hope you don't mind my asking.
          >Could you tell me what makes your eBookwise so extra special to you?
          >
          >I own a Cybook and use it often. I really like it, but I've been
          >thinking of also buying an eBookwise, to have the option of carrying a
          >reader that's lighter with me when I go out. Also I hate that the
          >Cybook doesn't work outdoors. Is it possible to read the screen on the
          >Ebookwise outside?
          >
          >I know that the eBookwise doesn't support Mobipocket books and
          >.pdf-files. That's a disadvantage, but still people love it. What made
          >you choose the eBookwise over the Cybook?
          >
          >Regards, Christel
          >

          >---------------------------------
          >Bored stiff? Loosen up...
          >Download and play hundreds of games for free on Yahoo! Games.
          >
          >---------------------------------
          >Need Mail bonding?
          >Go to the Yahoo! Mail Q&A for great tips from Yahoo! Answers users.

          Rates near 39yr lows! $430K Loan for $1,399/mo - Paying Too Much? Calculate
          new payment
          http://www.lowermybills.com/lre/index.jsp?sourceid=lmb-9632-18226&moid=7581
        • christel Pierson
          Message 4 of 25 , Mar 5, 2007
            Hi Roger!

            Thanks for letting me know about the different
            qualities of the two readers.

            If eBookwise could be read ourdoors, I guess I would
            buy one. Perhaps I still will even if it can't :-)

            Bookeen now advertises a lightweight reader as the
            second successor to the Cybook, but it doesn't offer a
            wide reign of software and their first successor to
            the Cybook is almost as heavy as the Cybook is, so
            there's nothing gained there. It does have the
            Microsoft reader, though and more memory. There are
            pros and cons no matter what you look at.

            Thanks for getting back to me!

            Christel

            --- Roger1935 Jones <Roger1935@...> wrote:

            > Hi Christel,
            > I love the Cybook because of the great
            > background colors and the
            > ability to change fonts - also, I really like
            > Mobipocket - almost like going
            > to Barnes and Noble. The Cybook just has a good
            > feel.
            > I really like the size of the eBookwise - when
            > I am on business trips
            > that's the one I take.
            > They're both fun.
            > Roger
            >

            > >From: Roger Jones <orange7z@...>
            > >To: cybook@yahoogroups.com
            > >Subject: Re: [cybook] Re: Is there a Cybook for
            > sale?
            > >Date: Mon, 5 Mar 2007 09:09:19 -0800 (PST)
            > >
            > >Christel,
            > > Did you get my reply about why I love the
            > Cybook and the eBookwise?
            > >Lost my connection about then.
            > > Roger

            Regards, Christel
            @}-'-,-------

            http://new.mail.yahoo.com
          • Roger Jones
            Message 5 of 25 , Mar 5, 2007
              Christel,
                  You're very welcome. I think a serious reader would benefit from both the Cybook and the eBookwise.

              --- Roger1935 Jones <Roger1935@msn. com> wrote:

              > Hi Christel,
              > I love the Cybook because of the great
              > background colors and the
              > ability to change fonts - also, I really like
              > Mobipocket - almost like going
              > to Barnes and Noble. The Cybook just has a good
              > feel.
              > I really like the size of the eBookwise - when
              > I am on business trips
              > that's the one I take.
              > They're both fun.
              > Roger
              >

              > >From: Roger Jones <orange7z@yahoo. com>
              > >To: cybook@yahoogroups. com
              > >Subject: Re: [cybook] Re: Is there a Cybook for
              > sale?
              > >Date: Mon, 5 Mar 2007 09:09:19 -0800 (PST)
              > >
              > >Christel,
              > > Did you get my reply about why I love the
              > Cybook and the eBookwise?
              > >Lost my connection about then.
              > > Roger

              Regards, Christel

              Do you Yahoo!?
              http://new.mail. yahoo.com

              Need Mail bonding?

              8:00? 8:25? 8:40? Find a flick in no time