RE: [cybook] SONY Reader

  • Larry
    Message 1 of 12 , Dec 2, 2006

      Geez.  How did I forget that one?   Especially when I convert to PDF on mine ;)

      From: "cybook146" <gkc146@hotmail. com>

      I recently purchased a SONY Portable Reader and it's great, and easy to
      use. After downloading from a library that equals MobiPocket I've
      hadn't had any problems and the batter life is beyond believe, it put
      the CyBook to shame. Maybe that's why Bookeen's website has been
      closed. They might have seen the end of they dreaded and outdate
      service going out of business.

    • Bill
      Message 2 of 12 , Dec 2, 2006
        As far as I know (according to the product box) it will take RTF, but
        I have not been able to import DOC files. The Connect software just
        ignores them.

        Bill

        --- In cybook@yahoogroups.com, Larry <pitch23@...> wrote:

        > Geez. How did I forget that one? Especially when I convert to
        PDF on mine
        > ;)

        Behalf Of

        Message 3 of 12 , Dec 2, 2006

          You are correct.  I read RTF in Word and mistakenly listed them as separate.

          Message 4 of 12 , Dec 2, 2006
            Message 5 of 12 , Dec 2, 2006
              > > As far as I know (according to the product box) it will take RTF,
              but
              > > I have not been able to import DOC files. The Connect software
              just
              > > ignores them.
              > >

              > According to the manual, if you have "Word" installed on your
              computer, when
              > you drag a DOC file into the Connect Library, Connect uses Word to
              convert
              > the file from DOC to RTF. I've not actually tried doing this
              myself -
              > easiest to save as RTF.
              >
              > Regards,
              >
              > Chris

            • JEFFREY A RAFF
              Message 6 of 12 , Dec 2, 2006
                to me the cybook remains the perfect ebook-can do all the formats you speak of as well as mobipocket.  The battery is fine for me-since one can easily renew it at night.  I would also remind you all that this is not a sony list nor an ebook list but a cybook list.  There are, I'm sure, sony lists you can get info from.  Jeff

                To: cybook@yahoogroups.com
                From: w.straka@...
                Date: Sat, 2 Dec 2006 21:08:02 +0000

                > > As far as I know (according to the product box) it will take RTF,
                but
                > > I have not been able to import DOC files. The Connect software
                just
                > > ignores them.
                > >

                > According to the manual, if you have "Word" installed on your
                computer, when
                > you drag a DOC file into the Connect Library, Connect uses Word to
                convert
                > the file from DOC to RTF. I've not actually tried doing this
                myself -
                > easiest to save as RTF.
                >
                > Regards,
                >
                > Chris

                Use Messenger to talk to your IM friends, even those on Yahoo! Talk now!