SONY Reader

  • cybook146
    Message 1 of 12 , Dec 1, 2006
      I recently purchased a SONY Portable Reader and it's great, and easy to
      use. After downloading from a library that equals MobiPocket I've
      hadn't had any problems and the batter life is beyond believe, it put
      the CyBook to shame. Maybe that's why Bookeen's website has been
      closed. They might have seen the end of they dreaded and outdate
      service going out of business.
    • white-witches@comcast.net
      Message 2 of 12 , Dec 1, 2006
        What kind of formats can you read on this?

        Leann

        Message 3 of 12 , Dec 1, 2006

          Sony’s proprietary BBeB, RTF, TXT and Microsoft word as far as I know.

          Message 4 of 12 , Dec 1, 2006
            And PDF too.

            Regards,

            Chris

            Sony’s proprietary BBeB, RTF, TXT and Microsoft word as far as I know.

            Message 5 of 12 , Dec 2, 2006
              A clarification: It will NOT read protected PDF files. So, if you've
              bought a PDF through Amazon or somewhere else and it has security
              protection, the Sony reader will not read it.

              Bill

              Behalf Of white-witches@...

              Message 6 of 12 , Dec 2, 2006
                Message 7 of 12 , Dec 2, 2006

                  Geez.  How did I forget that one?   Especially when I convert to PDF on mine ;)

                  Message 8 of 12 , Dec 2, 2006
                    As far as I know (according to the product box) it will take RTF, but
                    I have not been able to import DOC files. The Connect software just
                    ignores them.

                    Bill

                    Message 9 of 12 , Dec 2, 2006

                      You are correct.  I read RTF in Word and mistakenly listed them as separate.

                      Message 10 of 12 , Dec 2, 2006
                        Message 11 of 12 , Dec 2, 2006
                          > > As far as I know (according to the product box) it will take RTF,
                          but
                          > > I have not been able to import DOC files. The Connect software
                          just
                          > > ignores them.
                          > >

                          > According to the manual, if you have "Word" installed on your
                          computer, when
                          > you drag a DOC file into the Connect Library, Connect uses Word to
                          convert
                          > the file from DOC to RTF. I've not actually tried doing this
                          myself -
                          > easiest to save as RTF.
                          >
                          > Regards,
                          >
                          > Chris

                        • JEFFREY A RAFF
                          Message 12 of 12 , Dec 2, 2006
                            to me the cybook remains the perfect ebook-can do all the formats you speak of as well as mobipocket.  The battery is fine for me-since one can easily renew it at night.  I would also remind you all that this is not a sony list nor an ebook list but a cybook list.  There are, I'm sure, sony lists you can get info from.  Jeff

                            To: cybook@yahoogroups.com
                            From: w.straka@...
                            Date: Sat, 2 Dec 2006 21:08:02 +0000

                            > > As far as I know (according to the product box) it will take RTF,
                            but
                            > > I have not been able to import DOC files. The Connect software
                            just
                            > > ignores them.
                            > >

                            > According to the manual, if you have "Word" installed on your
                            computer, when
                            > you drag a DOC file into the Connect Library, Connect uses Word to
                            convert
                            > the file from DOC to RTF. I've not actually tried doing this
                            myself -
                            > easiest to save as RTF.
                            >
                            > Regards,
                            >
                            > Chris

                            Use Messenger to talk to your IM friends, even those on Yahoo! Talk now!