Sony Service

  • Bill
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 30, 2006
      I bought a Sony e-book reader and I've got to recount my experience.
      First of all I have to let you all know that I despise Sony and their
      products (and especially their support service), but I saw the reader
      at Borders and had to get it.

      I bought the reader on the 22nd of November and took it home. After
      registering it and getting some content uploaded and figuring out the
      controls for about a couple of hours the display died--actually the
      upper half only. The bottom half was good. Anyway, the next day I
      went online on Sony's site. The support service chat person, after
      asking me different questions about the problem gave me a phone
      number to call. I called. They gave me a work order number and told
      me to send the unit to their San Diego service center. After 1 week I
      got the reader back and it works wonderfully!

      I have to admit I am really happy with the professional and fast
      service of Sony. I still don't think too much of Sony, but they did
      really well in this instance.

      So, if anyone has a problem with their Sony reader, don't despair!

      Bill