Re: Cybook for sale

  • mjj/mc
    Message 1 of 14 , Nov 1, 2006
      guess it's not so wonderful then???
      --mjay

        ....resistance is futile.. if < 1 ohm

    • white-witches@comcast.net
      Message 2 of 14 , Nov 1, 2006
        I love my Cybook.  Of course, I wish it could read more formats and had a larger memory.

        I've looked at buying a tablet PC, but the weight of them compared to my Cybook is prohibitive.  Especially, since I mostly use my Cybook as I'm laying in bed reading.

        That's not to say that should the weight of a good tablet PC come down, that I won't purchase one then and replace my Cybook.  But, that's the nature of evolving electronics.

        Leann

        From: "mjj/mc" <mjorew3@...>

        guess it's not so wonderful then???
        --mjay

          ....resistance is futile.. if < 1 ohm

      • Larry
        Message 3 of 14 , Nov 1, 2006

          I wouldn’t say that.  Someone can have a number of reasons for selling.  I am thinking of selling mine as well.  I prefer E-ink devices while others prefer color LCD’s.  One persons junk is another persons treasure IMO.

        • Ravidhu Perera
          Message 4 of 14 , Nov 1, 2006
            dont get me wrong - i love it too ... both the cybook and my laptop has to goto to make money for my university fees.

            From: "mjj/mc" <mjorew3@comcast. net>

            guess it's not so wonderful then???
            --mjay

              ....resistance is futile.. if < 1 ohm

            Checked by AVG Free Edition.
          • ryanmickley2000
            Message 5 of 14 , Nov 5, 2006
              Regarding formats:
              If you have mobipocket reader on your desktop, it will convert
              most formats into mobipocket, which is what I think is the best
              reading format. And you can also convet .lit and other protected
              formats with free converters you can find on the net.

              --- In cybook@yahoogroups.com, white-witches@... wrote:

              > I love my Cybook. Of course, I wish it could read more formats and
              had a larger memory.

              > I've looked at buying a tablet PC, but the weight of them compared
              to my Cybook is prohibitive. Especially, since I mostly use my
              Cybook as I'm laying in bed reading.

              > That's not to say that should the weight of a good tablet PC come
              down, that I won't purchase one then and replace my Cybook. But,
              that's the nature of evolving electronics.

              > Leann

              > From: "mjj/mc" <mjorew3@...>
              > guess it's not so wonderful then???
              > --mjay
              >

              > ....resistance is futile.. if < 1 ohm

            • christel Pierson
              Message 6 of 14 , Nov 7, 2006
                How do I register or get access to the Mobipocket Pro
                Reader version of the reader installed on the Cybook?

                The Pro version expired after a few weeks and now I
                would like to register, but I can't find a way to buy
                a license on Mobipocket.com. It says that now the new
                5.0 reader is free, but this doesn't help one get
                access to the Pro version of the 4.8 version installed
                on the Cybook. It needs a serial number to register.

                Has anybody got any ideas?

                Regards, Christel
                @}-'-,-------

                Sponsored Link

                Try Netflix today! With plans starting at only $5.99 a month what are you waiting for?
                http://www.netflix.com/Signup?mqso=80010030
              • ellapete11
                Message 7 of 14 , Jan 12, 2007
                  --- In cybook@yahoogroups.com, christel Pierson <christel_pierson@...>
                  wrote:

                  > How do I register or get access to the Mobipocket Pro
                  > Reader version of the reader installed on the Cybook?
                  >
                  > The Pro version expired after a few weeks and now I
                  > would like to register, but I can't find a way to buy
                  > a license on Mobipocket.com. It says that now the new
                  > 5.0 reader is free, but this doesn't help one get
                  > access to the Pro version of the 4.8 version installed
                  > on the Cybook. It needs a serial number to register.
                  >
                  > Has anybody got any ideas?
                  >

                  > Regards, Christel
                  > @}-'-,-------
                  >
                  > Christel, did you get an answer to your query about registering the
                  Mobipocket Pro
                  > Reader version of the reader installed on the Cybook? I've been
                  watching and seen nothing...hoping you just figured it out.
                  thx, deanna

                  ________________________________________________________________________\
                  ____________
                  > Sponsored Link
                  >
                  > Try Netflix today! With plans starting at only $5.99 a month what are
                  you waiting for?
                  > http://www.netflix.com/Signup?mqso=80010030

                • Christel Pierson
                  Message 8 of 14 , Jan 14, 2007
                    Hi Deanna!

                    Yes, I was told to put in a number given to me on the Mobipocket
                    website, I think, and I'm sorry not to have gotten back on the
                    subject. I can see from the date of my question that I left for a
                    month's stay in the US right after asking about it, and when I
                    returned to Europe I was just too jetlagged to remember to report back.

                    I did put in the reg. no. I don't recall if it changed anything much
                    in the reader, though :-)

                    I guess I had expected some new functions to be activated, such as
                    insertion of comments or something.

                    If you need the number, it is...not a number, I see now :-)
                    It is "uqwnjehw".

                    Good luck with it!

                    Christel
                    @}-'-,-------

                    ________________________________________________________________________\
                    > ____________
                    > > Sponsored Link
                    > >
                    > > Try Netflix today! With plans starting at only $5.99 a month what are
                    > you waiting for?
                    > > http://www.netflix.com/Signup?mqso=80010030

                  • D.M. Rhoden
                    Message 9 of 14 , Jan 28, 2007
                      Christel,
                      First I want to thank you for responding so fast to my question and apoligize for not doing it sooner.  I've been doing a hard reset every two weeks or so for a year.  Registration just gives you a few more options under Settings... more Colors and a Toolbar. I had written Mobipocket a couple of times but never got an answer.

                      I wonder if anyone has installed the new uBook version 0.9h.

                      Have you ever run across the XOEB format for the BooReader?  Think I've visited the majority of the ebook sites over the past months and never seen anything in this format.  Seems to me the BooReader is just take up space in RAM.
                      Thx, again,
                      Deanna

                      > > Sponsored Link
                      > >
                      > > Try Netflix today! With plans starting at only $5.99 a month what are
                      > you waiting for?
                      > > http://www.netflix. com/Signup? mqso=80010030

                      No virus found in this incoming message. Checked by AVG Free Edition. Version: 7.5.432 / Virus Database: 268.16.10/625 - Release Date: 1/13/2007 5:40 PM