Cybook for sale

  • Ravidhu
    Message 1 of 14 , Oct 31, 2006
      i`m selling my wonderful cybook on ebay.co.uk   grab a bargain :)

      click here !

    • mjj/mc
      Message 2 of 14 , Nov 1, 2006
        guess it's not so wonderful then???
        --mjay

          ....resistance is futile.. if < 1 ohm

      • white-witches@comcast.net
        Message 3 of 14 , Nov 1, 2006
          I love my Cybook.  Of course, I wish it could read more formats and had a larger memory.

          I've looked at buying a tablet PC, but the weight of them compared to my Cybook is prohibitive.  Especially, since I mostly use my Cybook as I'm laying in bed reading.

          That's not to say that should the weight of a good tablet PC come down, that I won't purchase one then and replace my Cybook.  But, that's the nature of evolving electronics.

          Leann

          From: "mjj/mc" <mjorew3@...>

          guess it's not so wonderful then???
          --mjay

            ....resistance is futile.. if < 1 ohm

        • Larry
          Message 4 of 14 , Nov 1, 2006

            I wouldn’t say that.  Someone can have a number of reasons for selling.  I am thinking of selling mine as well.  I prefer E-ink devices while others prefer color LCD’s.  One persons junk is another persons treasure IMO.

          • Ravidhu Perera
            Message 5 of 14 , Nov 1, 2006
              dont get me wrong - i love it too ... both the cybook and my laptop has to goto to make money for my university fees.

              From: "mjj/mc" <mjorew3@comcast. net>

              guess it's not so wonderful then???
              --mjay

                ....resistance is futile.. if < 1 ohm

              Checked by AVG Free Edition.
            • ryanmickley2000
              Message 6 of 14 , Nov 5, 2006
                Regarding formats:
                If you have mobipocket reader on your desktop, it will convert
                most formats into mobipocket, which is what I think is the best
                reading format. And you can also convet .lit and other protected
                formats with free converters you can find on the net.

                --- In cybook@yahoogroups.com, white-witches@... wrote:

                > I love my Cybook. Of course, I wish it could read more formats and
                had a larger memory.

                > I've looked at buying a tablet PC, but the weight of them compared
                to my Cybook is prohibitive. Especially, since I mostly use my
                Cybook as I'm laying in bed reading.

                > That's not to say that should the weight of a good tablet PC come
                down, that I won't purchase one then and replace my Cybook. But,
                that's the nature of evolving electronics.

                > Leann

                > From: "mjj/mc" <mjorew3@...>
                > guess it's not so wonderful then???
                > --mjay
                >

                > ....resistance is futile.. if < 1 ohm

              • christel Pierson
                Message 7 of 14 , Nov 7, 2006
                  How do I register or get access to the Mobipocket Pro
                  Reader version of the reader installed on the Cybook?

                  The Pro version expired after a few weeks and now I
                  would like to register, but I can't find a way to buy
                  a license on Mobipocket.com. It says that now the new
                  5.0 reader is free, but this doesn't help one get
                  access to the Pro version of the 4.8 version installed
                  on the Cybook. It needs a serial number to register.

                  Has anybody got any ideas?

                  Regards, Christel
                  @}-'-,-------

                  Sponsored Link

                  Try Netflix today! With plans starting at only $5.99 a month what are you waiting for?
                  http://www.netflix.com/Signup?mqso=80010030
                • ellapete11
                  Message 8 of 14 , Jan 12, 2007
                    --- In cybook@yahoogroups.com, christel Pierson <christel_pierson@...>
                    wrote:

                    > How do I register or get access to the Mobipocket Pro
                    > Reader version of the reader installed on the Cybook?
                    >
                    > The Pro version expired after a few weeks and now I
                    > would like to register, but I can't find a way to buy
                    > a license on Mobipocket.com. It says that now the new
                    > 5.0 reader is free, but this doesn't help one get
                    > access to the Pro version of the 4.8 version installed
                    > on the Cybook. It needs a serial number to register.
                    >
                    > Has anybody got any ideas?
                    >

                    > Regards, Christel
                    > @}-'-,-------
                    >
                    > Christel, did you get an answer to your query about registering the
                    Mobipocket Pro
                    > Reader version of the reader installed on the Cybook? I've been
                    watching and seen nothing...hoping you just figured it out.
                    thx, deanna

                    ________________________________________________________________________\
                    ____________
                    > Sponsored Link
                    >
                    > Try Netflix today! With plans starting at only $5.99 a month what are
                    you waiting for?
                    > http://www.netflix.com/Signup?mqso=80010030

                  • Christel Pierson
                    Message 9 of 14 , Jan 14, 2007
                      Hi Deanna!

                      Yes, I was told to put in a number given to me on the Mobipocket
                      website, I think, and I'm sorry not to have gotten back on the
                      subject. I can see from the date of my question that I left for a
                      month's stay in the US right after asking about it, and when I
                      returned to Europe I was just too jetlagged to remember to report back.

                      I did put in the reg. no. I don't recall if it changed anything much
                      in the reader, though :-)

                      I guess I had expected some new functions to be activated, such as
                      insertion of comments or something.

                      If you need the number, it is...not a number, I see now :-)
                      It is "uqwnjehw".

                      Good luck with it!

                      Christel
                      @}-'-,-------

                      ________________________________________________________________________\
                      > ____________
                      > > Sponsored Link
                      > >
                      > > Try Netflix today! With plans starting at only $5.99 a month what are
                      > you waiting for?
                      > > http://www.netflix.com/Signup?mqso=80010030

                    • D.M. Rhoden
                      Message 10 of 14 , Jan 28, 2007
                        Christel,
                        First I want to thank you for responding so fast to my question and apoligize for not doing it sooner.  I've been doing a hard reset every two weeks or so for a year.  Registration just gives you a few more options under Settings... more Colors and a Toolbar. I had written Mobipocket a couple of times but never got an answer.

                        I wonder if anyone has installed the new uBook version 0.9h.

                        Have you ever run across the XOEB format for the BooReader?  Think I've visited the majority of the ebook sites over the past months and never seen anything in this format.  Seems to me the BooReader is just take up space in RAM.
                        Thx, again,
                        Deanna

                        > > Sponsored Link
                        > >
                        > > Try Netflix today! With plans starting at only $5.99 a month what are
                        > you waiting for?
                        > > http://www.netflix. com/Signup? mqso=80010030

                        No virus found in this incoming message. Checked by AVG Free Edition. Version: 7.5.432 / Virus Database: 268.16.10/625 - Release Date: 1/13/2007 5:40 PM