Change language

  • aidinson
    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 5, 2006
      How to change language

      Hi

      I have just gotten my hands on a cybook (it's heavier than I thought
      but still nice). However wince is in the
      lovely-but-to-me-not-understandable-language French. I tried changing
      what I thought was the OS language in Control Panel>Regional Options
      but nothing (so far as I can se) actually changed. So my question is:
      How to change the language in wince?

      P.S. I'm assuming resting the cybook won't help since French is
      probably default on mien.

      Thanks
    • chris@chrism.demon.co.uk
      Message 2 of 3 , Oct 5, 2006
        Quoting aidinson <aidinson@...>:

        > How to change language
        >
        > Hi
        >
        > I have just gotten my hands on a cybook (it's heavier than I thought
        > but still nice). However wince is in the
        > lovely-but-to-me-not-understandable-language French. I tried changing
        > what I thought was the OS language in Control Panel>Regional Options
        > but nothing (so far as I can se) actually changed. So my question is:
        > How to change the language in wince?

        I suspect the only way would be to re-flash the ROM. Might be worth e-mailing
        Bookeen to see if you can download an English-language ROM image.

        Regards,

        Chris
      • aidinson
        Message 3 of 3 , Oct 9, 2006
          --- In cybook@yahoogroups.com, chris@... wrote:

          > Quoting aidinson <aidinson@...>:
          >
          > > Hi
          > >
          > > I have just gotten my hands on a cybook (it's heavier than I thought
          > > but still nice). However wince is in the
          > > lovely-but-to-me-not-understandable-language French. I tried changing
          > > what I thought was the OS language in Control Panel>Regional Options
          > > but nothing (so far as I can se) actually changed. So my question is:
          > > How to change the language in wince?
          >
          > I suspect the only way would be to re-flash the ROM. Might be worth
          e-mailing
          > Bookeen to see if you can download an English-language ROM image.
          >
          > Regards,
          >
          > Chris

          I emailed bookeen last week, requesting the English firmware (since
          the link on their site is dead), but got no response. I then called
          them up and gave them my email, but still no firmware in sight.

          So instead of wasting my time waiting on them I turn to the community:
          Could anyone send me a copy of or provide a link to their English
          firmware?

          I would greatly appreciate it.