Uncompressed PDFS

  • b_biscuitt
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 2, 2006
      I've been experimenting with increasing the refresh speed of PDFs
      using PDF beta 3 from the recalled firmware upgrade. I been shrinking
      the the images of the original documents and lowering the DPI before
      converting to a PDF. I can get the page refresh from 30 secs for the
      orginal PDF down to 15 secs for a resonable copy to 10 secs but the
      result starts to degrade.

      Three questions:

      What is the "screen size" of the cybook ( physical dimensions as well
      as a generic pixel 640x480 etc).

      If the PDF was "uncompressed" would that help since the cybook
      hopefully wouldnt have to waste time uncompressing the PDF before
      displaying.

      When will Ubook be releasing a proper "full screen" display version of
      thier program for cybook. I would much rather just view a full screen
      image direct rather then tweaking and converting to PDF.