HELP!! Blank LCD Screen

  • ryanmickley2000
    Message 1 of 4 , Aug 24 3:57 PM
      My one year old knocked my Cybook off my nightstand and now all that
      happens when I turn it on is a completely blank LCD screen (no windows
      desktop). I tried hitting the reset button but the same thing occurs.
      Any ideas??
    • christel Pierson
      Message 2 of 4 , Aug 24 10:14 PM
        I had the same problem recently. in fact several times.

        I read in the manual that I should try holding the two middle buttons while pressing reset - and then keep holding the two middle buttons some seconds more.

        It worked for me.

        Regards, Christel
        @}-'-,-------

        Message 3 of 4 , Aug 25 2:03 PM
          Christel,
          I tried holding the two middle buttons in together, and then
          hitting the reset button, but still nothing but a blank lit LCD
          screen. Does the manual say anything else-I don't have one. Thanks
          in advance for any assistance.

          Ryan

          --- In cybook@yahoogroups.com, christel Pierson
          <christel_pierson@...> wrote:

          > I had the same problem recently. in fact several times.
          >
          > I read in the manual that I should try holding the two middle
          buttons while pressing reset - and then keep holding the two middle
          buttons some seconds more.

          > It worked for me.
          >
          > Regards, Christel

        • christel Pierson
          Message 4 of 4 , Aug 26 2:10 AM

            It's a pdf file.

            That way you can download and save the manual and have it to study later, too. And it will be yourself and not me that mess up :-)

            Regards, Christel