Re: [cybook] Re: Anyone with an older cybook that they want to sell = $ for you to buy gen3

  • Chris Marriott
    Message 1 of 6 , Dec 5, 2007
      > I'm in the US, would like to purchase Gen1 or Gen2, hopefully in real
      > good shape.

      I've got an original CyBook (which isn't for sale, I'm afraid), but what was
      the "Gen2"? I've not heard of that before.

      Regards,

      Chris
    • Jennifer Gibson
      Message 2 of 6 , Dec 5, 2007
        Hi Richard,
        Thanks for the reply.  I've been looking for the older cybook due to the size and hopefully the wireless connectivity.  I had a Sony but the screen seemed a little too small, and seeing how most models out now have a screen around 6-7", I'm seriously looking for the older cybook.  The cybook that recently sold on ebay http://cgi.ebay.com/Cybook-Ebook-Reader-Gen-1-10-LCD-color-screen_W0QQitemZ250190875734QQihZ015QQcategoryZ88752QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem went for $255.00, there was another about 3-4 weeks ago that went for $195.00 that a gentleman had purchased for his wife (he had one himself also) and she used it maybe once or twice, but preferred print books - at that time I missed out because I had to purchase airline tickets for an out of state funeral.  I know these cybooks are getting pretty rare but I would be so happy to get my hands on one.

        Maybe you could give me an idea of how much you would like to sell for and we could work something out.  You're probably familiar with Paypal/Ebay - I've been on ebay for almost 10 years and have over 650 positive feedback (as a reference) and if we could agree on a deal and if you have a Paypal account, I could send payment immediately.

        Let me know your thoughts and I'll get back to you right away.

        Jen

        Richard <astro@...> wrote:
        Jen,

        I have a Gen 1 Cybook which has been used very, very little. It has the
        case, charger, etc. and is in perfect condition. I've ordered a new Gen3
        version (still waiting, of course), but will certainly part with mine. I
        have no idea what a fair price is since I haven't been checking Ebay, etc.,
        but tell me what you think is fair and I'll be happy to work with you on it.
        I'm in Florida so shipping is within the US and I can ship virtually
        immediately.

        Regards,

        Richard
        Message 3 of 6 , Dec 5, 2007
          Jen,

          Why don't we say $235 including the shipping and insurance. Based on the lower price of about $200, that gives me $25 to cover shipping and another $10 to cover the paypal charge. If that seems ok to you, I can get the unit shipped on Friday. I'm in Philadelphia and going home tomorrow. I do want to check it (I haven't used it for several months) and make sure everything is in perfect working order. Then, I can email you, you can deposit the funds in my paypal account (I've been on Ebay for several years as well with all but one positive feedback - some guy sent me a broken item and I dared to question him about it), and I'll ship UPS ground Friday morning. Where are you located???