Re: [cybook] Reading in the dark?

  • Chris Marriott
    Message 1 of 5 , Nov 15, 2007
      From: "Richard" <astro@...>
      To: <cybook@yahoogroups.com>
      Sent: Thursday, November 15, 2007 5:46 PM
      Subject: Re: [cybook] Reading in the dark?

      > Chris,
      >
      > Since you've been a cybook stalwart since almost day one, I'm writing to
      > get
      > your sense of when Bookeen is going to start shipping again. I ordered a
      > Gen
      > 3 book and got one note saying they had run out and would ship asap but
      > have
      > heard noting since. Do you have any wisdom with regard to this?

      I'm afraid I have no insight on the matter. It would seem, from reports on
      MobileRead, that everyone who ordered in the first couple of days the order
      site opened (as I did) has received their Gen3, and I see that Bookeen's web
      site is currently stating that if you order now, product will ship between
      Dec 5th and Dec 13th. Whether that means that they'll have no more stock
      until December 5th I don't know.

      Judging from reports on MobileRead, people are still continuing to get
      Gen3's, so hopefully if there is a delay it's not going to be too long.
      Unfortunately, though, only Bookeen can tell you when it's going to ship!

      Stick with it, though; it is worth the wait, I promise you.

      Best wishes,

      Chris