Whitman Birthday Meditation May 31, 2009

  • neilranc
    Message 1 of 1 , May 4, 2009
      Washington Friends of Walt Whitman

      Invite you to a special morning meditation and short hike to Civil War Fort DeRussey in celebration of Walt Whitman's birthday

      Meditation and hike led by:
      Neil Richardson

      When: Sunday, May 31st 2009 Rain or Shine!
      Where: Joaquin Miller Cabin near Military Road and 16th Street park entrance
      Time: Meditation: 9:00-9:45am,
      Hike to Fort DeRussey 10:00-11:00am

      Our meditation will follow the exact instructions and practice that Whitman followed and will last approximately 30 minutes followed by a short group dialog. Our walk to the fort will take about 20 minutes along a trail with a moderate incline. At the fort, we'll explore the area for 20-30 minutes and read excerpts from Whitman's Civil War inspired poetry.

      Meditate in Rock Creek Park
      Bring a yoga mat or something to sit on as the ground may be wet.