Reminder: Walt Whitman at Georgetown Harbor, Sunday, Feb 10

  • calvertmartin
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 2, 2008
      Please join the Washington Friends of Walt Whitman for a special
      afternoon of poetry and painting on Sunday, February 10, from 2 pm
      to 4 pm. Richard Claude is hosting a private viewing for us of his
      collection of paintings of Georgetown including a delightful
      depiction of Walt on Potomac's shores. We will meet at Richard's
      apartment in the historic Canal House, 3225 Grace Street, Apartment
      223, which is just south of M Street, off Wisconsin. Paid parking
      is available at the Georgetown Park mall nearby.

      Richard is a retired professor of Law and Politics at the University
      of Maryland, who took up painting to celebrate a return of his
      vision after an effective treatment for his macular degeneration
      was found. This spring, Richard's collection will be auctioned off
      to support the renovation of the Georgetown Public Library. We'll
      intersperse our appreciation of Richard's work with appropriate
      readings of Walt's poetry and prose. RSVP with Martin at
      calvertmartin@.... Look forward to seeing you then!

      To see a copy of Richard Claude's painting of Walt, check out our
      photos section!