Walt Whitman at Georgetown Harbour

  • calvertmartin
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 15, 2008

      Please join the Washington Friends of Walt Whitman for a special afternoon of good poetry and good painting on Sunday, February 10, from 2 pm to 4 pm.  Richard Claude is hosting a private viewing for us of his collection of paintings of Georgetown including a delightful depiction of Walt on Potomac's shores.  We will meet at Richard's apartment in the historic Canal House, 3225 Grace Street, Apartment 223, which is just south of M Street, off Wisconsin.  Paid parking is available at the Georgetown Park mall nearby.

      Richard is a retired professor of Law and Politics at the University of Maryland, who took up painting to celebrate a return of his vision  after discovering an effective treatment for his macular degeneration.   We'll intersperse our appreciation of Richard's work with appropriate readings of Walt's  poetry and prose.  RSVP with Martin at calvertmartin@....  Look forward to seeing you then!

      To see a copy of Richard Claude's painting of Walt, check out our photos section!