Re: CyberVPM List Serv: Digest Number 1057

  • SUSAN P- REEHL
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 1, 2004
      RE: Web site Question
      I have a local web site and we average over 250 hits per month. We put
      our web address on everything - letterhead, business cards, every issue
      of our newsletter, all press release, every PSA, the return signatures on
      all our e-mail. We have found a huge number of local web sites which
      will add us as a link (Chamber of Commerce, City and County governments,
      local media outlets, hospitals). We place volunteers with over eighty
      organizations and many of them have linked their web site to ours. We've
      also found that it helps that our web address is our name.

      I've had no luck with national web sites which recruit volunteers (I've
      talked to a lot of people who live in Arizona and don't know AR is the
      abbreviation for Arkansas) - but our local web site has been worth the
      investment.

      Over 200 of our 700 volunteers have email. When we update the web site
      (which is frequently) we email a notice to all our volunteers and suggest
      they forward the information to anyone who might be interested in
      volunteering.

      It took us over a year to build up to 250 hits per month - be patient.
      For the first year every piece of mail that went out had a "We are on the
      Web...." sticker with our web address.

      Susan Peacock Reehl, Program Director, WestArk RSVP
      401 North 13th Street, Fort Smith, AR 72901
      (479) 783-4155 rsvp@...
      www.WestArkRSVP.com

      Surf the Web up to FIVE TIMES FASTER!