New Paper: ICTs and Society: The Salzburg Approach

  • Christian Fuchs
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 23, 2007
      Dear colleagues,

      I want to inform you about a new research paper that you can find
      online. It presents a social theory approach on ICT research.

      In case you find social theory more interesting than or interesting at
      Christmas, this might be something to check out now.

      Hofkirchner, Wolfgang/Fuchs, Christian/Raffl, Celina/Schafranek,
      Matthias/Sandoval, Marisol/Bichler, Robert (2007) ICTs and Society: The
      Salzburg Approach. Towards a Theory for, about, and my means of the
      Information Society. Salzburg: ICT&S Center Research Paper No. 3. ISSN
      1990-8563.
      http://icts.sbg.ac.at/media/pdf/pdf1490.pdf

      With Kind Regards,
      Christian Fuchs

      --
      _____________________________
      Univ.Ass. Dr. Christian Fuchs
      Assistant Professor for Internet and Society
      ICT&S Center - Advanced Studies and Research
      in Information and Communication Technologies & Society
      http://www.icts.uni-salzburg.at
      University of Salzburg
      Sigmund Haffner Gasse 18
      5020 Salzburg
      Austria
      christian.fuchs@...
      Phone +43 662 8044 4823
      Fax +43 662 6389 4800
      Information-Society-Technology:
      http://fuchs.icts.sbg.ac.at
      http://www.icts.uni-salzburg.at/fuchs/
      Managing Editor of tripleC - peer reviewed open access
      online journal for the foundations of information science:
      http://triplec.uti.at
      New Book: Fuchs, Christian. 2008. Internet and Society: Social Theory in the Information Age. New York: Routledge. 408 Pages.
      http://fuchs.icts.sbg.ac.at/i&s.html
      http://www.routledge.com/shopping_cart/products/product_detail.asp?sku=&isbn=9780415961325&pc=
      PETITION: http://www.austria4arigona.at